Button-press for File protection...?

Firmware file from this resource :

Update process as described on this firmware page
to save files with the M button the G sensor must be on low (minimum) or it dosent work.......is your G sensor set to on?

to save files with the M button the G sensor must be on low (minimum) or it dosent work.......is your G sensor set to on?
I just tested this and the emergency lock button (M button), works on all 3 sensitivity settings on the camera I have here.

I just tested this and the emergency lock button (M button), works on all 3 sensitivity settings on the camera I have here.
I was just making sure mihails had set the G sensor to on

G-sensor enabled, but M button doesn't work :( I tested "Medium,Low" G-Sensor level.

I received my new Fiofo G1W-S today from china thru an Australian Ebay site .It comes with firmware V1.3_0814. Viofio in China tell me this is latest firmware ,can anyone confirm? Menu button does save video to the RO folder a lock key pops up on screen when you press Menu to confirm . Don't like the idea that you have to move to Photo Mode to take a photo. I also have the Viofo 119A-V2 gps . This cheaper gw1-s is almost as good in video quality at half cost , also gps is only $8.50 US . Will confirm if speed is correct on Datakam Registator viewer , works prefect on 119A including Google maps.

Hi Joe b
I bought my g1w-s a while ago now. I had to install the update . This is my version that works fine ( I don't use GPS so cannot comment on that though sorry)

G1WS_V1.1_0119

Well i can confirm that gps info sort of works with the G1WS with the 2.5mm plug in antenna and the Registrator viewer . I set the viewer to google earth .The shown map position is accurate however speed in incorrect and the drop down box in the viewer doesnt show co-ords .

I think it is the latest firmware. Firmware updates are unlikely but might happen so any fix to speeds in a viewer would likely need to be implemented in the viewer instead. If more folks bought this bargain of a cam, I think Viofo would put more effort into it but sales lag and he's a very busy man :whistle:

"Dashcam Viewer" seems to be the viewer getting the most attention and updates right now. @traveler is it's designer and a member here so he should see this now and maybe he can help out ;)

Phil

I think it is the latest firmware. Firmware updates are unlikely but might happen so any fix to speeds in a viewer would likely need to be implemented in the viewer instead. If more folks bought this bargain of a cam, I think Viofo would put more effort into it but sales lag and he's a very busy man :whistle:

"Dashcam Viewer" seems to be the viewer getting the most attention and updates right now. @traveler is it's designer and a member here so he should see this now and maybe he can help out ;)

Phil
The latest version 2.7.3 of dashcam viewer works correctly with the G1W-S

https://dashcamviewer.com/

Can anybody identify the chip on the PCB responsible for the "G-sensor" function? I'm desperate enough to physically damage it so as to disable this useless function while keeping the button press for file protection.

Ok, that's odd, not how it's normally done
The red-headed stepchild of the family.

I already soldered in a RTC clock battery since it was missing from the PCB, which so far seems to help keep the time from resetting. So what's another "hardware mod"? IMG_20180418_162139.jpgIMG_20180418_160915.jpg

Odd indeed to have a design that incorporates an RTC cell, but not actually use one, can't say I've seen that before

Back