Buttons on Dash Cam kinda not working?

Ania320

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there!

I just got my A129 Duo a few days, and haven't had a chance yet to install it in my car. I played around with it for the first time yesterday and put in a new mircoSD card into it (SanDisk Ultra Plus A1 64GB), while I was waiting for my Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB to come in the mail (wasn't available locally, ordered through Amazon). When playing around with it yesterday, I was able to pause the recording and click into the menu, through the menu button on the dashcam, and figure out how to kinda work the app.

Today, I got my new Samsung microSD today, and inserted it into my turned off dashcam. Turned the dashcam on, and tried going in the menu again to format it, and the button won't work for that. I was able to open the app, and select format that way, but I don't think that helped too much. I can use the menu button to turn on and off the dash cam, but it will not access the menu while in standby mode, nor can I use the triangle button to access the playback feature. The other buttons work (Rec, Mic, Wifi), and the menu and triangle button work while not in standby mode. I tried putting in the SanDisk microSD to see if that changed anything, and it still functioned the same way (menu/triangle not working in standby).

I've formatted the Samsung SD on my mac to FAT32, along with the SanDisk. I also made sure my fireware is current (1.5), and the app is a new download, so it would also be the latest. This is my first dashcam, and I'm kinda bummed to already have problems with it :/ I would really like to be able to use these buttons, so I can actually format the card on the unit, and just make sure I have the option to view videos on the unit if the need arises.

While not recording, turn WiFi off on the cam by holding down the button all the way to the right and then try accessing the menu again. Only have WiFi turned on when you need it and don’t have it on while driving with the dash cam as it will lower image quality.

Back