Buying a B1W - questions

fancymajic

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Mini0806 we bought years ago for a work truck that I need to replace (the battery swelled). So I'm thinking of going with the B1W.
  1. Will this work with the hard wire kit i already have installed from the Mini0806 (micro USB)? Any reason it wouldn't?
  2. I'm also planning on getting 2 and putting 1 in my car as well. Will the app recognize 2 different units and pull video off what ever one its connected to? Can I use multiple phones (with the app installed) to pull video off either or both cameras depending on what phone is connected?
  3. I have a 3rd vehicle we only use it a couple times a month so instead of buying another camera I want to know what are the mounting options to easily move the camera between vehicles. I see a suction cup mount on Amazon but can I get another mounting pad? If so from where (I don't see it offered). If I go with the suction cup mount does it vibrate a lot? (I have a suction cup mount for my iPhone (for when I'm using maps) and I've tried taking video with that and it bounces all over the place)

1, You can find an adapter micro USB to Mini USB, then it will be okay.
2, In that case, one phone will be enough.
3, You can contact me for the free extra adhesive mount :)

1. I think that both are micro USB so it will work fine. No need for an adaptor! (Although my mini 0806 is Mini USB, so better check!)
2. No problems.
3. Adhesive mounts are always best, unless it is only temporary. B1W Adhesive mount works well. Suction cups always vibrate a bit and can fall off.

1, You can find an adapter micro USB to Mini USB, then it will be okay.
Oh, my fault! B1W power adapter connector is the Micro-USB type! No need an adapter for Mini0806!

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but are there any long cords similar to the cord that’s included that is usb-a to micro usb to power the camera?
Edit: Nevermind, I found one on amazon for $10.51.
AmazonBasics Double Braided Nylon USB 2.0 A to Micro B Charger Cable | 10 Feet, Silver https://www.amazon.com/gp/B074VN5PF7

Last edited:
Search on Amazon to see if you can find one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S B1W 19
A B1W 18
R B1W 2
Back