Buying a cheapie

5wany

Reaction score
Been looking high and low for a camera that gives me all the requirements I'm looking for. However I dont think one exists, even some of the expensives ones, have problems, overheating, no internal GPS etc.

SO

As this will be my first dashcam i'm opting for a cheapie (around £50) until newer/advanced modles get launched.
I'm thinking about this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-IR-Dua...tal_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item1e6b8d449f
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Dual-...ctronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item460b29e683

Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Hi 5wany,

The first camera you linked is usually called the X6000.
img.auctiva.com_imgdata_1_6_7_9_2_9_3_webimg_623573657_o.jpg

This camera is nearly identical internally to the X3000 Dual Lens Camera (you can read more about it on the main site). They have nearly identical menus but the X6000 has a 2" screen while the X3000 has a 2.7" screen. Unfortunately it only records at 480p (both lenses) and video quality is not the greatest. The X3000 is much cheaper and much more popular than the X6000. Overall, video quality and reliability are the biggest concerns.

The second camera is usually called the 310, SC310 or R310.
img.auctiva.com_imgdata_1_6_7_9_2_9_3_webimg_565768207_o.jpg

This camera is also a dual lens one but once again this only records at 480p. Video quality is the biggest issue but I don't have any information on reliability. You can read some reviews on Amazon. Note that Amazon reviewers usually don't have much experience with dash cams so they often give positive reviews as long as the camera works.

If you do decide to purchase this camera, the best place to purchase from is welldonetech on eBay. It is cheaper and they have sold over 200 units.

Overall, I am not fond of either camera given the poor resolution. If you are looking for a cheap dual lens camera, you might be better off with i1000 / F70 since at least the front lens is 720p. I also prefer the separate rear lens of the i1000 / F70 since you can record outside the back window rather than recording what is going on in the car cabin. Note that it doesn't have GPS though.

Note: I moved this thread to the multi-channel forum.

Back