Buying a new dashcam C600 DVR Car Cam (But can't find anything about it)

HLW OnTheRoad

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I have been using my digital camera (Panasonic DMC-FZ8) as a dashcam since July 2013, but now I'm thinking about buying a "real" dashcam which are actually designed to be used as a dash cam.
Actually I don't want to spend so much money on it (let's say less than 50$) and still get some nice quality out of it.

So I have been searching and I found a C600 DVR Car Cam which is about 28$ on Ebay. (Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/121199153737)

I wanted to search something about this dash cam on this website, but I couldn't find it. So now I'm hoping if there are any others here that can tell me if it's a nice dash cam for just 28 bucks.
This YouTube user also uses this dashcam and I'm pretty satisfied about the quality in his videos:

So because I can't find anything about the C600 DVR Car Cam on this website I'm hoping if there are any others here on this forum that can tell me whether this is a good deal or not.. ?
Thanks!

Forget that model and go with G1W or G1W-C ( within your 50$ +/- budget ).

Forget that model and go with G1W or G1W-C ( within your 50$ +/- budget ).
I second that. While i did not buy that exact model I did buy something like this one, and it was a total piece of junk and waste of money. The video quality during the day time was horrible, at night was even worse. The audio never worked it just had clicking sounds.
I've dealt with all the hassle first hand. The Amazon reviews are good because it does record video and most people seem to not know better and are happy with that fact, but I also would recomend not getting anything less then a G1W, G1W-C, or G1W-H (C is for Capacitor instead of Battery and i believe H has a wider viewing angle)

EDIT:I also forgot to say to make sure you buy one from a seller that is considered a trusted seller here so you do not get a camera that is a piece of junk but in side a G1W looking case

Third that. Here's the link to the info and sellers for this camera. http://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/. There are links to good, safe sellers of the G1w, those links also support the DashCamTalk site

I've searched some videos on YouTube about this G1W dash cam and it looks pretty nice. I think even better than the C600 DVR Car Cam which I posted when starting this topic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151217045677Is this the G1W camera that you guys have been talking about? Because I'm thinking of buying this one, it's the cheapest G1W I could find on Ebay.

I would say at the price it could only be the cheap knockoff version with the 96220 chip set, there's a thread here already on fake G1W cameras

Well the link of the black one is not available, because they're all sold it says.
The cheapest (black one) I can find is $60 (a bit more than I'd spend). So then I'm more disposed to take the blue one.. although jokiin says it could be a knockoff. Decisions decisions..

Back