Buzzing noise in video at silent parts of the movie

Cornel

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi All,

I Am looking at a lot of movies on youtube from the SJ4000 and made a couple myself (I have the SJ4000 wifi) and there is always at silent parts of the movie a strang buzzing sound/noise on the background of the movie. The camera does that. Anyone who know's what it is and what you can do a bout it?

An example:

We have never heard of this issue...

It is on every Sj4000 video on youtube with his own sound. It is not a problem but i am just curiuos what it is?

Same with this video:

I can't hear it on those videos but is it a high pitched whine?

a short sample video direct from the camera would help

Tonight i am at home and i will upload a movie :) thank you guys!

You only hear it when the volume is really high, and indeed it looks like a pitched whine.

Imovie can reduse it so it is gone, but just wanted to check if someone knows this.

I think mabe it is because i put the volume up to high?

If you put the volume high you hear a noice i looks a little bit like wind or something like that

Yes that was the word i was looking for :) Sorry i could not find that word in English

So you know what it is and what i mean?

Aha great thank you! Is that normal and is there anything to do about it?

I can filter it out with Imovie but is there something to do during filming?

Aha great thank you! Is that normal and is there anything to do about it?

I can filter it out with Imovie but is there something to do during filming?

I wouldn't say it's normal, but it's typical, it's inherent to the design so not really something you can fix

I wouldn't say it's normal, but it's typical, it's inherent to the design so not really something you can fix

Thank you for your help! I thought so.
I hope @sjcam_official now see what i mean :)
Is this something for only the SJ4000 wifi ?or al kind of action camera's

There are more people have the same problem, found this one on techmoan

@Techmoan/Everyone: I tested the noise that was getting recorded when the camera is mounted as a dashcam. There is definitely some kind of background noise (electrical interference) that gets recorded ONLY when I turn on sound recording in the options menu. When its tuned off, no noise is recorded and the video is dead silent, sound wise. I tested two different car chargers with same results. Can anyone confirm this and give me any solution? Its like a hissing sound with some light beeping noise even when the car is stationary and the cabin is totally silent

Thanks. CHEERS.

Back