Bypass git2 power switch

Mocap

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

Is it possible to bypass the git2 on/off switch? In detail, I want to turn on/off multiple cameras using an external switch (instead of switching on all cameras manually). I do not want to rely on Wifi for this, so it should be a hardware solution.
I would also be willing to do some soldering in the camera if necessary.

Just set auto start (dashcam mode), then applying power turns it on and starts recording, removing power turns it off after the time set in the power off delay setting.

I use usb cable with on off switch, camera in car dvr mode and once i press ON Button on the switch the camera goes on, and switch off by pressing off, 10 sec shutdown settings in camera.
Search for "usb cable on off switch" on AliExpress.

Is it possible to power on without starting recording?

Is it possible to power on without starting recording?
If you give it a PWM control signal on the HDMI connector to say don't do anything then yes.

If you give it power with auto start off then it will go into battery charge mode, then it is not really powered on.

Ok, and the PWM signal has to be timed (after the camera is powered on)?

Ok, and the PWM signal has to be timed (after the camera is powered on)?
No, you can put out the "stop" value continuously until you want it to do something, then you output "photo" or "video" until you want to "stop" again. "stop" is the default/centre value.

With the latest V1.5 firmware, it support power on and start recording by PWM signal if external charged connected.
If you use our wired remote control you can power on 6 cameras at same time.

Back