-C model stops recording at 32 minutes

jaime.poncedeleon

Reaction score
Country
United States
New -C model. Using a PNY 32gb class 4 card.

Cyclic recording is turned off. Auto on and 30 second auto off.
Motion detection turned off as well.

It is recording short trips (under 30 minutes) just fine, from the time i turn the truck on, to 30 seconds after i park and turn the truck off.

So far, i've driven two trips longer then 30 minutes.
One of them was cut off at 31:51, the other at 31:52

The memory card is less then half full at this point, when i put it in the computer, it said 11gb full of 29 total.

You say cyclic recording is turned off? That should be turned on, otherwise it stopps recording after the card is full.
But its weird that your G1W stops earlier. Are you sure that your Memory card is legit? I never heard of the brand PNY. Because if that's a memory card with "hacked memory" that's something that could happen

If you want, you can check your memory card with H2testw if it got genuine memory
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dubious-memory-card-check-it-with-h2testw.5195/

PNY is one of the largest american manufacturers of flash based memory. I dont know how much they sell overseas, but in the US, they are a major brand. They are also an OEM for NVIDIA. I assure you, its not the card thats the issue.

You're hitting file size limitations, turn cyclic recording back on

I was kind of worried about that. For legal reasons, I wanted "start to finish" recordings.
I guess i'll reenable the cyclic recording and be ok with that.
Thanks for the reply.

PNY is one of the largest american manufacturers of flash based memory. I dont know how much they sell overseas, but in the US, they are a major brand. They are also an OEM for NVIDIA. I assure you, its not the card thats the issue.
Ahhh okay i didn't know that. They don't sell them over here x3

Try a different card just in case, even the best card manufacturers can be hit by bad batches.

PNY has always been an American company. Founded in NY in the mid 80's as a memory reseller, they started manufacturing their own in NJ, CA and eventually Europe. Im pretty sure they also manufacture in Taiwan currently, although every PNY package i have around here (mostly DIMM's and some thumb drives i bought in bulk) say "Made in USA"

Back on topic, i have a samsung 32 and 64 GB card coming in from amazon, both are class 10. As per the thread that said that the -C firmware can handle them.

I turned cyclic recording on, set to 10 minutes, and formatted the card, and havent had any problems yet.

Assumption is that it was a max file size issue... the two files were about 4GB in size (yikes)

Was definitely a max file size issue then, FAT32 only supports 4GB file sizes.

Have only ever seen PNY from Taiwan but probably because that would be our nearest supply channel I guess, didn't know they had an American background at all

Back