C2 failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think its a C2 bought it a few years ago now, anyway the LED on the bottom flashes blue when its recording in the car but theres nothing saved on the SD card when I plug the camera into my phone, which is a shame as I was in a collision recently!

Check to see if the lens ribbon cable is connected properly and that the lens module is not damaged.

Safest way to take it apart?

Be careful not to kink the ribbon cable, especially on an older model if the cable is black. The more recently introduced copper colored ribbon cables are more durable and can tolerate more abuse.

Basically, check to see if the connectors on the cable are still seated properly. Flip open the locking mechanisms. Gently remove the cable. Re-insert carefully and relock them in place. Also, examine the lens module and see if everything looks intact and sound. Also, check to see if possibly the flat backing plate on the lens module housing has warped in any way.

The suction cup has fallen from the windscreen a few times over the years, this may have caused the problem, I'll have to buy the right sized screwdriver before I can take it apart. How long can these thing last without any charge as it has been a couple of weeks already.

The suction cup has fallen from the windscreen a few times over the years, this may have caused the problem, I'll have to buy the right sized screwdriver before I can take it apart. How long can these thing last without any charge as it has been a couple of weeks already.

It will be fine. Without a charge you'll eventually lose the date and time but you can reset that the next time you hook that camera up to your computer. If you have a battery installed, it just needs to be recharged.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Mobius 32
anthillmob Mobius 14
Back