C2 Lens and extreme fisheye

CPot

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, after my questions on this forum, I decided to buy Mobius 1 :) and finally I got it.

I bought Mobius with a C2 lens (131°) ...now I'm not an expert of lenses so I have to ask you if this (photo attached, I shot a standard graph paper to see better distortion level) extreme fisheye-effect is normal for this lens or if there is something wrong (I set option C lens in mobius software).

There is a way, fast and with good quality, to "remove" fisheye-effect from photos and videos? What software can you suggest (free if possible)?
I'll use cam at first as a dashcam, but sometimes I'd like to use it also for record special moments and this fisheye-effect is too heavy...

Thank you very much

Attachments

• IMAG0009.JPG
    IMAG0009.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 22
Something like lightroom will remove barrel distortion from photos, I would assume that video editing applications can do the same for video.

Ultimately, you can't have a very wide angle lens without some distortion, even expensive DSLR lenses suffer from it to some degree.

If you look at the likes of banggood you are able to buy the other lenses for the mobius which would fix the problem at the cost of some field of view.

Back