C3 doen't read config file

Discussion in 'C3' started by Jan Willem Wemekamp, May 17, 2017.

1. Jan Willem Wemekamp

Jan Willem Wemekamp New Member

Netherlands
    Hi,
    My C3 is working fine exept from the fact that is isn't reading a config file (c3config.bin)
    I want to disable the datestamp so I made a config file with 2KOOL4U an placed is ton the card.
    When restarting the unit it did not read the file and did not update. I also did a FW upgrade wich was going fine.
    Any ideas?

2. kensteele

kensteele New Member

United States
    it's just a text file (containing the text below), make sure you copy it to the root:

datetime=2016:09:26 15:55:59
    videostamp=DUCATI FRONT
    poweronrecord=on
    videosound=on
    recordingindicator=on
    datestamp=off
    videocliplength=3min
    tvmode=ntsc
    hz=60
    motiondetect=off
    moviesize=1080p
    lapsetime=off
    photosize=3m
    autopoweroff=none
    selftime=off
    continueshot=1
    gsensor=off
    saturation=high
    wb=day
    ev=0.5

3. Jan Willem Wemekamp

Netherlands
    :) I know... but when I restart the C3 ther's no blinking light and the file isn't being read.

4. kensteele

kensteele New Member

United States
    ok, well you probably know this too: are you doing this with the lens attached? did you reformat the card first then copy your config file to the root? if the file is not being read, is the config file still located on the card along with all your video files? or does it "disappear?" i seem to recall this happening to me awhile back and i don't quit remember how i resolved it; probably used a different microsd card.

5. Jan Willem Wemekamp

Netherlands
    Yes, I did all of that. Format the card (on the computer as wel on the camera), used different cards, with lens attached and unattached. The file doesn't disappear but is till on the card.
    The only thing I want to accomplish is no datestamp because I don't use the camera every week and the the date resets to 1-1-2014

6. kensteele

kensteele New Member

United States
    not sure what to tell you; yes that does sound strange indeed. i guess you have capacitor version. i had the same issue, current date would never keep so datestamp is useless so i successfully turned it off. maybe you can put a battery in there and see if that works.