C3 doen't read config file

Jan Willem Wemekamp

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
My C3 is working fine exept from the fact that is isn't reading a config file (c3config.bin)
I want to disable the datestamp so I made a config file with 2KOOL4U an placed is ton the card.
When restarting the unit it did not read the file and did not update. I also did a FW upgrade wich was going fine.
Any ideas?

it's just a text file (containing the text below), make sure you copy it to the root:

datetime=2016:09:26 15:55:59
videostamp=DUCATI FRONT
poweronrecord=on
videosound=on
recordingindicator=on
datestamp=off
videocliplength=3min
tvmode=ntsc
hz=60
motiondetect=off
moviesize=1080p
lapsetime=off
photosize=3m
autopoweroff=none
selftime=off
continueshot=1
gsensor=off
saturation=high
wb=day
ev=0.5

:) I know... but when I restart the C3 ther's no blinking light and the file isn't being read.

ok, well you probably know this too: are you doing this with the lens attached? did you reformat the card first then copy your config file to the root? if the file is not being read, is the config file still located on the card along with all your video files? or does it "disappear?" i seem to recall this happening to me awhile back and i don't quit remember how i resolved it; probably used a different microsd card.

Yes, I did all of that. Format the card (on the computer as wel on the camera), used different cards, with lens attached and unattached. The file doesn't disappear but is till on the card.
The only thing I want to accomplish is no datestamp because I don't use the camera every week and the the date resets to 1-1-2014

not sure what to tell you; yes that does sound strange indeed. i guess you have capacitor version. i had the same issue, current date would never keep so datestamp is useless so i successfully turned it off. maybe you can put a battery in there and see if that works.

Back