C3 Replacement Lens

nosnad

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Innovv C3
Does anyone have any idea where I might obtain a new/secondhand lens (any FOV) for my C3? I've had two of them since 2014 but one lens got damaged somehow whilst in storage for a while. Both units still work fine and it would be a shame if I can't find one.
Thanks for reading.
Bill

^use to be a couple on ebay but those are now gone. i have one good lens a second lens that needs to get repaired and i'm on my last c3 unit. when it fails, i intend to go to k2; no since sticking with an unsupported product. i think having it work for 3+ years is good enough. btw, my second lens is not damaged, i just unscrewed it and can't figure out how to screw it back together and keep it in focus.

You can use just about any lens that can fit on the ALU lens housing.
This are popular places people in here shop lenses,,,,, you of course have to make sure it have a IR cut filter as lenses for CCTV don't have that as the IR filter are in the mount for those.

Many thanks for both responses and apologies for my tardy acknowledgement.
When I said ¨lens¨, kamkart1, I meant the same as Innovv did when they sold it i.e. the lens with cable attached but the link you gave is interesting and I've saved it for later.
What made me believe some damage had occurred was that recorded images were completely out of focus and kensteele's reply encouraged me to dismantle the housing containing the lens to see what was what. After all, not finding any source for a replacement new or secondhand, I'd nothing to lose.
The lens is screwed into a rectangular body containing the light-transforming wizadry and, after focusing, is held in position by a gnurled locking ring: except it doesn't appear to lock the lens from turning, and changing the focus, when screwing on the aluminium body. There appears to be an insert in this body which is a tight fit around the lens and each time I re-assembled it, the lens got turned from where I'd set it in focus. It would appear a special tool (or knack with an ordinary one) is needed to remove this insert and fit this over the lens before screwing on the outer body. I hope to get time to try this at the weekend.
I'll let you know what happens.

We only have C5 and K2 parts currently. We could ask the factory to see if they have any C3 parts.

Thanks jokiin and OCD. The lens is working in focus now. Perhaps I hadn't tightened the lens locking ring enough before.
Also one needs to ensure (I think), that the 4 notches in the insert engage with the 4 corners of the square lens base.
Another thing to watch out for is to ensure, when tightening the aluminium body the last couple of milimetres, that the cable turns with it, because the insert seems to latch onto the serrated-edged disc next to the square base and all the innards turn as one. So, all's well that ends well!
C3Lens.JPG.

I put a little dielectric grease on the wire wen i played with lenses on the C3, otherwise as you say it can be a issue with the seal on the wire.

Back