C3 won't record or connect to computer (SOLVED)

Well, I have a C3 that cannot connect to a computer (tried it with 4 different computers and memory cards) and it does not work in cold temperatures. Reported the problem a number of times to the manufacturer, after a couple of reminders he sent me a new cable which did not help with the computer connection problem. After more reminders he promised to replace the camera, I was supposed to send it to a European dealer and get the replacement from him. That was months ago and although I have reminded, again, Rock about the problems I have NOT got any replacement!

So if you are interested in a C3, PLEASE buy it from a respectable reseller in your own country who has to comply to consumer laws, do NOT buy it from the manufacturer like I did!

Hi Biker, I really do not like the way you are doing, we both take care of reputation.

You only paid $50 for C3 with both 90 and 120 degree lens, it is only 29% of total cost $169, because you reached us you are going to do review on C3 and publish it on motorcycle magazine.

Once you received camera, you mentioned the camera could not connect to computer, both Willy and myself tried to support you. At that moment, you were the first people to mentioned this issue, we even sent you short USB cable.

We are not giving up to support on our customer, but on other hand, even we tried our way to support you but from your message, We did not see your positive feedback and never saw your any publish even does not related to C3 on magazine, that is the reason we gave up.

Anyway, two solutions for you,
  1. Send full set camera back to get refund, or
  2. Wait for our update on connection issue.
RockThinking.

Last edited:
First, I have written three reviews that are waiting for publication.
As soon as they are published, and I get hold of the publication myself, I will send you copies. Please understand that magazines have a long time from they receive the review until they go to press, for some of them it takes several months.

Under way I have kept you informed about my work (sent you pictures) and have also told you about the problems I have with the C3. The problems with my C3 have also been verified by two of my collegues, the main problem now beeing that it stops working in cold temperatures.

You have (by email) promised a replacement via an European dealer but I have not received any contact information for that dealer. And that promise was given a long time ago!

I have complemented you, by direct emails, for the video quality and have also given you input about some practical aspects of the design. A normal way to communicate with camera manufacturers for the 25 years I have been reviewing digital cameras.

And during those 25 years I have not experienced that a manufacurer tries to not fulfill a promise of a replacement for a defective camera and drags it out week after week, nor that I have had to communicate over forums to get a reaction.

In order to have the success for your cameras that I think you should have you have to realize the way a respectable manufacturer should respond to European customers, especially those living in a colder climate than yours.

I am waiting for your copy about reviews.

You can track all the communication I made on the forums to see if I am not responsible.

I saw your message that you complemented the video quality and one photo how you used for C3, but I did not like you were not going to listen to us when you could not connected to computer, that is the reason I decided to give up for replacement the end, at beginning I wont to do so.

About cold temperature, as you see my location is not cold as yours, we did not notice that before, and did not notice from other customers who live in north of EU has this issue.
If that happens, that may relate to cable, we need to find a way to test.

Anyway, if you are still not happy with the camera and my answers, please send it back for refund.

Hi all.
I found this forum coz i had the same problem. but i SOLVED it in 10 min!!!
i had the same symptoms, no matter what, i was getting a steady red (or orange). it wont record (blink red). the reason it wont record, is coz camera/lens is not connected properly. so this is what i did:
1. started rotating (unscrewing) the back of the lens anticlockwise. Please note that the front of the lens cover should be the same as the cable, i mean do not rotate the cable against the front of the lens. so when u rotate the back of the lens ask someone to hold the front of the lens and the cable, while u rotate the back of the lens. the back of the lens is tight on the cable, but u can unscrew/rotate it around the cable. the reason is that the cable is plugged into the front side of the lens. if u rotate cable against the front side, u can damage the connection!!! its an 8 pin connection there. the front and the back of the lens are screwed where the orange rubber ring is in the middle, thats the separation gap. the small orange ring at the end has no importance.
2. once i removed the back of the lens case, i noticed that the cable was a bit unplugged from the connection on the lens. so i just pushed it back. maybe it was unplugged while someone pulled the cable a bit too hard. so i put some tape around the cable inside the cap hopping it will keep the cable in place when screwed back. it also will avoid future unplugging and it will prevent water getting in. u could also use a small cable tie, which will prevent the cable moving out against the back of the case.
3. u HAVE to connect the lens to the device, when u connect it to pc!!!!
4. straight away update the software and configure it using the GUI soft.
thats it! in my case it was unplugged cable. u can try it. if it works, it will save u time, money and hassle of returning it back and waiting for another lens.
Let us know if it worked for u too!!! pity i did not do any pics while i was fixing mine.. i registered to this forum just to share my fix. informatin is power! hope rest do the same
Stan

Nice you got your C3 fixed, mine is still in service in my car, and i must say it is doing a damm good job, no doubt it is a fire and forget camera aside for the Issues a SD card can give over time.
Still havent fixed the magenta flash issue so i have given up on that as i have no new ideas to try, but as its only a frame once in a while that get the magenta hue to it i have no problems with it, so far i have not had a flash in the footage i have taken off the camera to put on youtube.

Do hope RockThinking have some new cool stuf for us soon. i like the little gizmos he have made so far, and i was sad when my C1 died in a puff of smoke.

Nice you got your C3 fixed, mine is still in service in my car, and i must say it is doing a damm good job, no doubt it is a fire and forget camera aside for the Issues a SD card can give over time.
Still havent fixed the magenta flash issue so i have given up on that as i have no new ideas to try, but as its only a frame once in a while that get the magenta hue to it i have no problems with it, so far i have not had a flash in the footage i have taken off the camera to put on youtube.

Do hope RockThinking have some new cool stuf for us soon. i like the little gizmos he have made so far, and i was sad when my C1 died in a puff of smoke.

Please be patient, I keep working :)

Hi all.
I found this forum coz i had the same problem. but i SOLVED it in 10 min!!!
i had the same symptoms, no matter what, i was getting a steady red (or orange). it wont record (blink red). the reason it wont record, is coz camera/lens is not connected properly. so this is what i did:
1. started rotating (unscrewing) the back of the lens anticlockwise. Please note that the front of the lens cover should be the same as the cable, i mean do not rotate the cable against the front of the lens. so when u rotate the back of the lens ask someone to hold the front of the lens and the cable, while u rotate the back of the lens. the back of the lens is tight on the cable, but u can unscrew/rotate it around the cable. the reason is that the cable is plugged into the front side of the lens. if u rotate cable against the front side, u can damage the connection!!! its an 8 pin connection there. the front and the back of the lens are screwed where the orange rubber ring is in the middle, thats the separation gap. the small orange ring at the end has no importance.
2. once i removed the back of the lens case, i noticed that the cable was a bit unplugged from the connection on the lens. so i just pushed it back. maybe it was unplugged while someone pulled the cable a bit too hard. so i put some tape around the cable inside the cap hopping it will keep the cable in place when screwed back. it also will avoid future unplugging and it will prevent water getting in. u could also use a small cable tie, which will prevent the cable moving out against the back of the case.
3. u HAVE to connect the lens to the device, when u connect it to pc!!!!
4. straight away update the software and configure it using the GUI soft.
thats it! in my case it was unplugged cable. u can try it. if it works, it will save u time, money and hassle of returning it back and waiting for another lens.
Let us know if it worked for u too!!! pity i did not do any pics while i was fixing mine.. i registered to this forum just to share my fix. informatin is power! hope rest do the same
Stan
Thanks for the above ..my C1 & randomly my C3 just hang on yellow after power on making them unusable .So i will check out the C3 .The C2 is "stuffed"...My 2 Mobius are going strong.

I recently purcashed a C3 off a guy and unfortunately i think i was scammed, will not connect to PC have tried 3 different computers and no luck. The computers do not even recognize it as an additional drive, nothing in the menu what so ever. Think i have been scammed out of $100. Buyer beware
Think i will put my money towards K1, new no more second hand cams for my bike :(
thanks

I recently purcashed a C3 off a guy and unfortunately i think i was scammed, will not connect to PC have tried 3 different computers and no luck. The computers do not even recognize it as an additional drive, nothing in the menu what so ever. Think i have been scammed out of $100. Buyer beware
Think i will put my money towards K1, new no more second hand cams for my bike :(
thanks
Lens needs to be connected .....to be recognised

Hi, yes the lens was connected followed step by step as per other members setup feedback, still won't recognise on any PC that I try
Will do some more searching
Thanks

thanks

hi.sorry to hear that. my cam still working no probs and the video quality is super (compared to other dashcam i had).
i noticed my cam was working better once i flashed it with new firmware. u should upload the firmware to sd and start the camera then. i had somewhere a copy of firmware in case u cant find it online. can u connect the device to tv to see that lens is connected properly and working ok? coz the device wont connect to pc and wont start recording if there is any issue with the lens!
stan

hi.sorry to hear that. my cam still working no probs and the video quality is super (compared to other dashcam i had).
i noticed my cam was working better once i flashed it with new firmware. u should upload the firmware to sd and start the camera then. i had somewhere a copy of firmware in case u cant find it online. can u connect the device to tv to see that lens is connected properly and working ok? coz the device wont connect to pc and wont start recording if there is any issue with the lens!
stan
My C3 was particular with the SD card , so try other cards & connecting cords .Some mini usb cords are only charging cords so try different cords as well.

Back