Skittle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO
1) Are there any pictures or videos demonstrating the optimal way to fit & run cables in the cover? There's a nice video on it for the SG9665GC, but I couldn't find anything for the SGGCX2PRO's different cable cover

I sorta figured out a way that fits but I was wondering if there was a correct way because it seems a bit forced the way I have it

2) Is the cover supposed to be directly in contact with the camera like in this picture & how I often see it in videos? Or would the cover mounts make you unable to detach the camera from its mount? (Is that something I'd ever need to do anyway? I can't think of any reason I would have to unmount the camera but I wanted to make sure)

I and many others don't use the cable cover as there are no room for it as we have our cameras so high on the windscreen its not a option.
But since you have been playing with it i recon your installing your camera in a place where it is needed.
img_20180412_191940-jpg.37450

img_20180412_191951-jpg.37451

the camera on the left are my SGGCX2 that have a similar cable cover as yours, the other one beside it are my dual channel SG9663DC that also have a cable cover, but as you can deduct with its wires coming off the side are somewhat different.

Last edited:
Yeah i figures using the cable cover lock you in somewhat,,,, not that you need to take the camera off the mount often, but i find it a nice thing to do when i clean my windscreen on the inside.
So i take off all my cameras, and tie them to my mirror that sit a little way back as it come off the roof, so this way i have the lenses protected from solvent spray as i use a rag to tie up cameras.
And i can then let loos on my windscreen and not having to think about the cameras,,,, though when its 4 cameras in that bundle tied to my mirror it is a substantial bulk to deal with while cleaning.

I think even if i had to mount some way lower on the windscreen i would just install - plug wires in and then zip tie those together to a nice black and stiff bundle that should keep its place / route to the camera.
Thats smaller than the original cable cover, but of course you loose that "look like factory" of the install.

Super late reply: Yeah I didn't even need the cover after all. Stuck the camera mount to the windshield today finally. Now there's just the GPS thing

Question: Does the orientation of the GPS matter/affect anything? (Orientation as in wire side up, wire side right, etc). Which way is best if it does matter? Gonna stick it to the top corner of the passenger side if that's the most logical place

Question: Does the orientation of the GPS matter/affect anything? (Orientation as in wire side up, wire side right, etc). Which way is best if it does matter? Gonna stick it to the top corner of the passenger side if that's the most logical place
no difference

Back