Cable extension for K1S

moobah

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've read several reviews which have drawn me to the K1S.

Looks like the front camera only comes with a 3m cable and have also found posts elsewhere saying they failed to extend with a micro USB extension lead. I think I'm going to need about 5 or 6m to install cleanly in my car as I want to store the main unit in the central console.

Has anyone managed to get a USB extension lead working with the camera?

Failing this any recommendations for an alternative unit would be appreciated. Only features which interest me are discrete front and rear 1080p cameras and the hidden unit (not really that bothered by GPS, parking recording, screensize etc and all the other addons most units come with). Ideally looking to spend <£200 but willing to look higher if required.

Thanks. Do you know if switching the front and rear cameras works? 3m is probably enough for the back one.

yes they use the same spec cameras front and rear, the lenses are slightly different but that's no issue, you wouldn't be the first one to use them swapped around like this to suit your install requirements

Great thanks. I'll proceed with my purchase :)

You need to make sure your USB cable has all 5 pins connected otherwise it won't work. They are hard to find, you might be better off making your own cable. I've tested this with a very short extension and it worked.

You need to make sure your USB cable has all 5 pins connected otherwise it won't work. They are hard to find, you might be better off making your own cable. I've tested this with a very short extension and it worked.

Hi all,

I also need to extend the back camera micro USB connector (for a van) on to the K1S unit.
Unfortunately, having purchased a 1 meter micro USB extender cable, not only does it not work; but the K1S unit ceased to operate until I performed a 'reboot'.
Having opened up the micro USB extender, all five wires are connected correctly and mirror each other; so there's no cross-over.
As a result, I'm at a bit of a loss. Any ideas?
Thanks, Mark.

Hi all,

I also need to extend the back camera micro USB connector (for a van) on to the K1S unit.
Unfortunately, having purchased a 1 meter micro USB extender cable, not only does it not work; but the K1S unit ceased to operate until I performed a 'reboot'.
Having opened up the micro USB extender, all five wires are connected correctly and mirror each other; so there's no cross-over.
As a result, I'm at a bit of a loss. Any ideas?
Thanks, Mark.

This is the wiring, which I've tested and is OK!

Attachments

• IMG_9592.JPG
    IMG_9592.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 12
Back