Cable Management (for non-hardwired setups)?

RyanMarkz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm interested in knowing what tools you guys use to help route the front/rear cam cables around the edges of the interior. I assume most of you use adhesive clips or tape for the glass portion of things, but how about along the non-glass portions of the interior? I live in Texas, so my summers can get pretty hot. Are there adhesive clips or tape that hold up better than others against heat?

You can still run the cable in the headliner, down a pillar, etc., without hardwiring. You can safely run the cable under the dash to the center console cig lighter. Just zip tie it up out of the way. Or if the cable is long enough run under door trim and floor mat or seat maybe.

I haven't used the included clips, but assuming it's the same tape as the actual dashcam mount. If it is the same I would assume they will hold up fine in the heat.

I tucked the cables up in the headliner. The power goes across the top of the windshield and down the pillar (underneath the pillar cover) down below the dashboard. I ran the back camera cable along the headliner to the back using the little pry tool that came in the box.
I did look at the following link for ideas:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/specific-dash-cam-questions-327161/index2/

Back