Cable orientation

venezian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A139Pro
On my last camera, DCPRO, one wire plugging into the camera was at a 90* angle and the other cable was straight. I don’t recall which was which cable, power or second cam that had the 90*.

With this new model, the “what’s in the box” picture shows a 3.5m video cable at 90* on both ends. The HW kit also shows a 90* cable

can anyone confirm? It would be really nice to have the cables going in the same direction for better cable management.

For the DCPRO
The 6 meter cable, the 90 degree plug goes into the front main camera, and straight plug goes into the rear camera
The 3.5 meter cable has a 90 degree on both ends, but one is left angled, and one is right angled. Make sure you pick the right one that doesn't block the GPS port etc on the front.

For the DC2k, The rear camera side of the cable uses a reversable USB Type C connector. The front side of the cable is a mini USB plug

I thought the plugs in the main unit was also USB C ones,,,, but guess not / live / learn every day.
But anyway that will work too with the USB C at the camera, it is most often there a issue will arise.

For the DCPRO
The 6 meter cable, the 90 degree plug goes into the front main camera, and straight plug goes into the rear camera
The 3.5 meter cable has a 90 degree on both ends, but one is left angled, and one is right angled. Make sure you pick the right one that doesn't block the GPS port etc on the front.

For the DC2k, The rear camera side of the cable uses a reversable USB Type C connector. The front side of the cable is a mini USB plug

I couldn’t find the 3.5m cable for the DC2K on the website under access. So one side is 90° USB C and the other end is 90° mini USB?

I couldn’t find the 3.5m cable for the DC2K on the website under access. So one side is 90° USB C and the other end is 90° mini USB?

Every DC2K comes with both 3.5m and 6m cables. Do you need a new replacement cable? Check out this image. The type c is on the right side for both cables.

3af91cfdd73e9aacf0f3943883692612.jpg

Every DC2K comes with both 3.5m and 6m cables. Do you need a new replacement cable? Check out this image. The type c is on the right side for both cables.

3af91cfdd73e9aacf0f3943883692612.jpg
It’s in my cart to purchase the daschcam, timing it with delivery of my new car. That was the only picture I could find on the site and couldn’t tell if it was usb c or not.
thanks for the info!

Back