USA Lawmakers Move One Step Closer Toward Ending Daylight Saving Time Change (permanently)

It is retarded how humans conjure up this rubbish and how many go along with it

They call it daylight savings here in Australia........ But only in some states............ WTF

Don't forget... Congress about 10 years ago extended, bumped DST up to the 2nd weekend in March so for several weeks until April it doesn't get light until nearly 8AM clock-time, and ending it 1st weekend in November. According to Senator Markey who pushed it through to help save the planet from climate change.

You will miss it when it is gone.. Stay on Standard time and those "long" summer daylight hours to play golf.. gone.. Stay on Daylight Saving time and that drive to work in the dark in the winter.. now stretches into the spring and fall. Switching... while uncomfortable for some.. is the best compromise to have "noon" roughly when the sun is at its zenith. The best.. would be to have a standard world time.. as we do already and eliminate time zones altogether. Go to a 24 hour clock and each geographic area can decide what time to start school.. work etc.. The time.. is after all just a number. Evidently China covering 5 time zones manages with this concept.

You will miss it when it is gone.. Stay on Standard time and those "long" summer daylight hours to play golf.. gone.. Stay on Daylight Saving time and that drive to work in the dark in the winter.. now stretches into the spring and fall.
Arizona doesn't use Daylight Saving Time. I've been here now more than 20 years and have never missed it. Your golf example like anything where you are outside is easy to compensate for, just schedule it for the correct time for that time of year. Since I don't go to work on a set time (on call 7x24 and can work from most most days) it is not an issue either.

In Arizona, we also don't do snow or at least down here on the desert. That by itself is a huge time saving factor that others can't opt out on.

Arizona doesn't use Daylight Saving Time. I've been here now more than 20 years and have never missed it. Your golf example like anything where you are outside is easy to compensate for, just schedule it for the correct time for that time of year. Since I don't go to work on a set time (on call 7x24 and can work from most most days) it is not an issue either.

In Arizona, we also don't do snow or at least down here on the desert. That by itself is a huge time saving factor that others can't opt out on.
I think Arizona has it right

...Your golf example like anything where you are outside is easy to compensate for, just schedule it for the correct time for that time of year....
Much easier said than done for those folks who have a '9 to 5' which constitutes a significant portion of the workforce.

Much easier said than done for those folks who have a '9 to 5' which constitutes a significant portion of the workforce.
Well you've just identified the real problem: working 9 to 5 instead of 8 to 4, which is centred around midday.

So the correct change to make is...

DST is like using a slide ruler when you have a nice TI calculator lying right beside you, ditch that analog BS now the world gone digital.

DST causes more problems than it solves and adversely affects everyone under its artificial power twice a year :( The clocks aren't broken or malfunctioning so there is no point in resetting them. What needs to be reset is people's ways of thinking and interacting with the Earth and Sun instead ;)

Phil

The abstract nature of changing the clocks makes about as much sense as...

quote-there-was-an-irish-space-program-to-go-to-the-sun-they-went-at-night-so-they-didn-t-frank-carson-129-64-62.jpg

One of my friends used to live in Niles, MI and work in South Bend, IN, literally 10 miles away and typically around a 15 minute drive. They're both in Eastern Time Zone (several counties in Indiana are not but that's another fun matter).

Prior to 2006 Indiana did not observe DST (they do now) but Michigan did, so for roughly half a year his drive would be 1h + 15 min. He'd leave his house at 7:45AM and be at work, 15 minutes later, at 9AM. He'd leave work at 5:30PM and be home at 4:45PM.

Nevadans and Oregonians who frequent CA should look forward to similar fun.

Last edited:
Back