cam bricked?

rick099

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Estore
i need some help please , I could not reach the blueskysea b1w ap through my Pocophone, each time i try i get "failed device information " so i did a search here & followed the threads
, putting password[from modem] into wifi did not help --------- it was taking camera vids before ok -- but the date was nov 15 ! that's why i wanted to change it through the phone app.

anyway i followed where you said to format using Guiformat , did that then moved over the apk ver 1.8.4-02 & put it back in my car
Now i get solid green light & double beep that i never heard before ,checking back at the pc there is just the apk file & nothing else ,no folders
could you help please ,as it was working fine

Thanks

To reset the dashcam by loading firmware with a laptop.

Please download this tool here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcMO4W664dvM--CxoY0QMjMfmph3pBcG

Also, please load this BIN file from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY9W1kx7jMn7pFl1MZGEfpVfz-a32Mlh/view

And then you can load it in this way: No need to insert a memory card into the camera unit, please note!
1) Keep pressing this button on the dashcam when plugging into the laptop USB socket.
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link.
3)Click this "start update"

Hi estore ,
thanks for the reply , no luck for me :(
It completed successfully after the loading the .bin , I plugged into pc just to check what had happened/changed & the apk. b1w-2018-12-06v1.8.4-02 was there nothing else , so i then put it in the car & turned on -- SD card detected ,solid green light & double beeps ...any advice please

thinking :rolleyes: did it need a format before doing the bin file rescue? /did the apk effect ?, yet it said completed successfully

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 10
SD card detected ,solid green light & double beeps ...any advice please
Change a new card or format the card in the APP after WiFi connection with the phone!

Hi Estore
i need some help please , I could not reach the blueskysea b1w ap through my Pocophone, each time i try i get "failed device information " so i did a search here & followed the threads
, putting password[from modem] into wifi did not help --------- it was taking camera vids before ok -- but the date was nov 15 ! that's why i wanted to change it through the phone app.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot connect to pocophone F1 as in my 1st post [above] that's where probs started , tell me after doing the bin successfully, what should be on the cam when viewing connected to a pc ,any folders ???

Hi Estore
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot connect to pocophone F1 as in my 1st post [above] that's where probs started , tell me after doing the bin successfully, what should be on the cam when viewing connected to a pc ,any folders ???
Remove the card from the camera, and then power on the camera to see if it can prompt "Please insert the sd card"; If yes, suggest you change a new card; If no any voice prompt from the dashcam, please pm me your order number for the warranty, thanks!

thanks yes it says "please insert sd card" what type of card do you like ?
Verbatim Premium Micro SDHC Card 32GB class 10 $17 any good? local
Sandisk 32GB High Endurance Micro SD Card 10 $25 have to order ,found local at HN $18

Last edited:
Samsung EVO plus, Samsung High endurance, SanDisk Ultra A1 Card are okay to work with!

some news -----bought new card .slow format ,default allocations for fat32 ..all working --records, no double beep ,access to app ,,,, very pleased :love:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z B1W 9
N B1W 2
S B1W 9
avladimir B1W 114
Back