Cam cannot detect SD Card

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi @estore009 i have two B1Ws units and one of them suddenly cannot detect any SD cards. I tried different SD cards, all work on one B1W but none can be detected on the other B1W. I've tried reformatting the SD cards, flashing directly the BIN files from my laptop using instructions you shared before, and still the spoilt B1W unit cannot detect any SD cards.

Is this a case of a faulty connection in the B1W unit?

Hi @estore009 i have two B1Ws units and one of them suddenly cannot detect any SD cards. I tried different SD cards, all work on one B1W but none can be detected on the other B1W. I've tried reformatting the SD cards, flashing directly the BIN files from my laptop using instructions you shared before, and still the spoilt B1W unit cannot detect any SD cards.

One troubleshooting step you could try is to check to see if any dirt or lint is inside the memory card slot. Use a flashlight. If you find something obvious you can use a toothpick and some compressed air to clean it out. You can also try a little contact cleaner on the pin contacts on the card and in the slot. Blowing out a memory card slot with compressed air is actually a good preventive measure to do anyway now and again.

Although it's rare, over my years as a member here on DCT there have a couple of reports of dirt in the memory card slot causing the problem you have so it's worth first checking to see if that is the problem before taking any other measures.

A few years ago, I recommended this tip to a member with the same problem and he was delighted to report back that he found a small wad of lint in the card slot and the memory card was now working again.

I knew to recommend checking for this because it happened to me one time.

Last edited:

It looks like a faulty unit, and you can PM your order details for the warranty!

Back