Cam caught a thief. My neighbor's $800 bike was stolen.

Nice clear image lets hope he is already on file and is apprehended quickly there may be latent prints to retrieve from the gate or the paperbag if it didnt blow away also maybe some DNA evidence ..... Ipol..... for those who know me and my previous avatar are thinking whats an englishman who lives in france doing standing beside a Los Angeles sheriff,s car send your theories I will reveal all..........eventually :)

Last edited:
Nice clear image lets hope he is already on file and is apprehended quickly there may be latent prints to retrieve from the gate or the paperbag if it didnt blow away also mabe some DNA evidence ..... Ipol
Unfortunately, I am almost guaranteed that they will never see that bike again. Apparently bike theft isn't serious enough for them to even bother with finger prints.

if it was one of their family members bike they would be doing something also the thief will not stop at bikes he needsq putting away ...Ipol

One would assume with a clear hit and run case and evidence like this, not doing anything would be considered a insult.
BUT ! sadly one will probably be wrong then. :cry:

Back in the day i played a lot on the computer with a Belgian FBI ( well their version ) officer, that was founding members of our little clan, mighty good times we had for a few years.

When the neighbors have bars on their doors &/or Windows, you know it's time to look for another apartment. Ignore the obvious, & you better darn well have at least one Kryptonite Lock running through your bike frame. And then? .... that's even locked inside your apartment. This, from a guy who was raised thru junior high, in Compton.
[emoji16]

When the neighbors have bars on their doors &/or Windows, you know it's time to look for another apartment. Ignore the obvious, & you better darn well have at least one Kryptonite Lock running through your bike frame. And then? .... that's even locked inside your apartment. This, from a guy who was raised thru junior high, in Compton.
[emoji16]
Some get what they can afford...It's life.

Some get what they can afford...It's life.

I'm pretty much that way myself. You usually do have some choices though so it's still smart to consider the neighborhood closely before signing the lease. Those of us who have been poor long enough have learned what to look for and look out for- "street smarts"- and I can tell you more than most about an area just by driving through it at normal speed.

Phil

My nieces new house, it sure is a fix it upper :) but here is the thing, none of them are handy folk's in any way,,,,, so i just don't get it.
And there are many a thing in a house i know little or nothing about, like just now my niece text me asking how to take a radiator down off the wall, and that i do sort of know, but how to drain the system from water ASO i have never tried.
They also cant put up lamps them self, though they like me have had chemistry in school where you learn the basics of electricity.
Her boyfriend claim to be a car guy,,,, but i am pretty sure in the terms most of us here know that is a drive a car guy, not maintaining / repairing / modifying yourself like you and me would understand as a car guy.

The end of it all probably is that "super uncle" will have to drive back and forth a lot of times in the weeks months to come, and then guesstimate and do what he can do, and hope he do not ruin anything in the process.
And "super uncle" can barely afford the weekly drives to go visit his old mother, and its almost 2 X as far to where my niece now live, and i cant just write off my mother while that go on.

As usual, being a nice guy is one of the hardest things,,,,, soooo easy to be a A - hole.

Usually seeing men of working age hanging out in front of their houses or the local liquor store on a weekday is not a good sign.

Usually seeing men of working age hanging out in front of their houses or the local liquor store on a weekday is not a good sign.
I agree, though this place is setup very oddly. This is actually an alley and back entrance to our apartment but actually the front entrance to some apartments and homes. I know that they must have an awful time giving directions. I've even once helped a new mail carrier look up an address on google maps.

Last edited:
Back to the original subject, your camera did a good job of recording clear video front & back. That may not be enough to get the bike back in this case, but it's reassuring to know you have good video coverage should anything more serious happen in the future.

I dislike thief's big time. I was bored and raised in the Bronx, New York and even as a kid I would not even think of doing this and I am street smart. People work hard and save up and then a punk comes along and steals your bike, pisses me off just watching the video

All my bicycles aside for the one that got run over by a semi making a right turn in front of me was stolen, a huge number of bicycles are stolen in Denmark every year.
But i should maybe also say we are one of the foremost bicycling nations in the world, but still so many should not be stolen.
We are down to just 50.000 cycles getting stolen every year, this are the lowest number in 42 years, some years have been as high as 100.000 stolen bicycles.
Mind you are are just 6 million Danes in total.

I have never stolen a cycle myself though i was a snot-faced punk for a period of my life, if i saw someone do it i would tackle him with a flying drop kick,,,,, that is if i can get my old body up to take off speed.
Dont like what i was, dont like when people are like i was.

Back