Cam communication error

Forever Young

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just bought and fitted this Cam, recorded 4 files and started to play back on the computer (Cam plugged in) the video crashed on the 3rd file and shut down the video and disconnected the Cam, now computer won't recognise the cam.

I get this error message

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 19
Dont the viofo cameras come with a little card reader too ?
Cameras make lousy ( and that's putting it nice ) card readers.

Dont the viofo cameras come with a little card reader too ?
Cameras make lousy ( and that's putting it nice ) card readers.
No, no "free" card reader with Viofo cameras, that is one reason they are a bit cheaper than some other brands, and you don't really need a new card reader with every camera you get!

Actually, I use nearly all my cameras as card readers, often easier to plug the camera into the computer than to extract the tiny microSD card and insert it somewhere else, and far less chance of the slot springs firing it somewhere un-findable!
They all read the cards fast enough for playback from the card, only problem is if you want to copy a lot of files off, that can take a lot longer than using a high speed card reader, but I'm not always in a hurry to complete that.

Some computers can provide a lot more power to their USB ports than others, might be why I don't have issues like in the OP.

Ah ha, so dn't follow the instruction and I'll be right ;-). Worked a treat, thanks guys. Now off to find some setting on this forum

The problem I now have is that neither of my 2 computers can see the cam and all I get is an error saying there is something wrong with my device, so I cannot update the firmware!!! Not a good start to ownership, was going to try one first before buying another 2... Not looking good for this product.

I've tried getting the computers to see it using different ports, with the card in and out, reset the cam to the default settings, no go.

What sort of computer is it?

Laptops often have low power USB ports, but this isn't a problem that is commonly reported and the A119S is not a particularly power hungry camera.

If you have a card reader, use that, it is faster, and can be used to update the firmware.

did you try the camera before trying to update it?
Yep had tried the camera in the car, made 4 files. Plugged the camera into the computer to see what the video looked like, all good was into the 3rd video when it froze closed down the file management window. Since then it brings up the error in the pic at the top of the thread.

What sort of computer is it?

Laptops often have low power USB ports, but this isn't a problem that is commonly reported and the A119S is not a particularly power hungry camera.

If you have a card reader, use that, it is faster, and can be used to update the firmware.

I have a 12mth old Asus laptop and have also tried it on a surface pro exactly the same error on each computer. Have tried it directly into the laptops and also through a powered tower I use to run my dual screen, always the same error. Have tired to get the camera to hook up without the error with and without the card, same problem.

I cannot see the Camera in the file management program on either computer.

Don't have a card reader, but can see if a friend has. Does the firmware go on the card??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Florida Dashcam A119S 63
10512 A119S 25
Back