Cam not working

The2A

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I am new to dashcams. I recently picked up an SGGCX2pro right before Christmas. Now, I'm just going to throw this out there, but I am technologically inept despite being 30. The other day, I noticed the cam would power up, but it would be stuck on the screen that has the company logo, and all the status lights like record, power, and mic would be lit up. I tried to power the cam on with the memory card removed and the same thing would happen. I then used a paper clip to reset the camera with the memory card removed via the button on the side, and I am still getting the same problem. Any other things I should try?

What if you don't have a memory card in the camera ?
It could be a broken memory card, i have tried this myself a couple of times.
Did you get the camera bundled with a memory card ? if you register your camera online both it and the memory card will have 2 years of warranty.
One of the guys will be here shortly to help you narrow it down, either way brand new so if push come to shove a new one will be sent to you.
EDIT : i see i again display selective reading and you have tried without the memory card, so that do sound like a broken camera.

Do you use the provided power supply ?
Could you possibly try to power the camera with a mains USB charger from some other devise ?? i often use a old Samsung phone charger and another USB cable when i work on cameras on my computer desk.

Anyways you are in with the right guys, and thank god you have not had a event where you needed the camera, so only a little inconvenience.
you will be back up and running soon.

Anyways you are in with the right guys, and thank god you have not had a event where you needed the camera, so only a little inconvenience.
you will be back up and running soon.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I used the supplied power cable and I bought the cam bundled with the memory card. I will attempt to use my other cig lighter and a new memory card. Hopefully itll work. Just kind of disappointed as this cam is new.

Yeah it suck when stuff like that happen, but at least Street guardian have the best service and customer care, only reason you haven't tasted that already are probably that it is Saturday, normally they are all over a case in here, and usually in minutes.
The memory cards i had die on me was all brand high end extreme cards, the most expensive ones i ever gotten at the time, and i dident even get to fill up the 64 GB cards once :cry: but Amazon was nice and had a new card in my mailbox almost faster than i was in shipping out the broken one.

I think if the camera get enough power to boot, then it are probably not the PSU that's the problem, but it is something people can try out, i cant say i have heard of many if any SG power supplies dying in here.
I had a GPS antenna die on me on a SG camera, but as it was on one of a few free test cameras i would not bother them with that, and with 5 cameras on my windscreen even if one do not have GPS speed i can live with that.
One other guy had the same a year or two back, he got a new working GPS sent out right away, so me and him are a pretty exclusive club.

Some times customers have tried a hard wire kit from a old install, or maybe use some USB plug in the car ( which pretty much all have too little power for a dashcam )

BTW i just recalled my SGGCX2 ( old version ) also threw a fit one day, but i just flashed the firmware again and then its been working just fine since then, and this was in April or something last year.
But i cant recall if it was acting up like yours do, or if it was some other unwanted behavior.

I think warranty cameras most often go out from Jon, he are set up in Carson city in Nevada as i recall, normally it seem a new camera are only 1 working day to reach customers.

Hi just responded to your support message from our site and received your voicemail as well.

Does the camera power up normal with the card and GPS left out?

What brand and size card came with your package
Transcend Sandisk or Samsung?

Hi just responded to your support message from our site and received your voicemail as well.

Does the camera power up normal with the card and GPS left out?

What brand and size card came with your package
Transcend Sandisk or Samsung?
Lol sorry for hitting yall from all angles. I tried powering the cam on with the memory card out. I never hooked up the GPS though. I also tried switching my 12volt supply source, but still getting no cam

Attachments

• 20190302_131609.jpg
    20190302_131609.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 11
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 12
Back