Cam RESET itself to factory setting by

tinman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, this is annoying. The CAM, for no apparently reason, reset itself to factory default. This this just happen once, but twice on the TL. For the Civic, it happened once.

And before anyone say have you try the new firmware, yes. The reset happens on both the older August firmware and the newer November firmware.

Hi Tinman,
something need to be test step by step:
1. check if the camera save setting after setup (setup in menu, quit menu, then enter menu, check the setting you just changed) ---- if this fail, means firmware problem;
2, check if the camera save setting after reboot (setup in menu, quit menu, manual power off, manual power on, enter menu, check the setting you just changed) ---- if this fail, means SPI flash problem;
3, check if the camera save setting after power cut off (setup in menu, quit menu, cut off power to power off, connect power to power on in seconds, enter menu, check the setting you just changed) ---- if this fail, means RTC battery problem;
4, check if the camera save setting after lont time off power (setup in menu, quit menu, cut off power to power off, wait for hours, connect power to power on, enter menu, check the setting you just changed) ---- if this fail, means RTC battery is not full charged;

hope this help to figure your problem out.

I've had this happen to me twice now. Once on the firmware that was shipped on the camera and again on the newest 11/21 firmware. Seemingly random, get in the car and notice that the image is flipped upside down and have to go set all my settings back.

1. check if the camera save setting after setup (setup in menu, quit menu, then enter menu, check the setting you just changed) ---- if this fail, means firmware problem;
Yes, camera save setting after setup.

2, check if the camera save setting after reboot (setup in menu, quit menu, manual power off, manual power on, enter menu, check the setting you just changed) ---- if this fail, means SPI flash problem;
Yes, camera save setting after reboot

3, check if the camera save setting after power cut off (setup in menu, quit menu, cut off power to power off, connect power to power on in seconds, enter menu, check the setting you just changed) ---- if this fail, means RTC battery problem;
Yes, camera save setting after power cut off

4, check if the camera save setting after lont time off power (setup in menu, quit menu, cut off power to power off, wait for hours, connect power to power on, enter menu, check the setting you just changed) ---- if this fail, means RTC battery is not full charged;
Yes, camera save setting after long time off (greater than 3 days)

From what I can tell, there is no rhyme or reason to when it spontaneously reset itself to default

Happen to me once after over night parking. It seem pretty random.

was the camera in parking guard mode, or off?

The two times this has happened to me, the first time was not wired for parking guard, second time was wired and turned on.

It happened again. This time I grab the log files when the RESET occurred.

When comparing the two log, the initialization starts to differ on line 36. For the RESET log, line 36 has:
[0mPStore reset info.

While the normal booting log had:
[0m[34m UIInfo: Read UIRES

Here's hoping someone who understand what the debug messages say and shed some light on this issue.

Attachments

• normal.txt
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • reset_default.txt
    1 MB · Views: 5
Just flash the new firmware. Since there is no pattern on when the reset occur, it's very hard to provide a status update right away.

Mine has done it twice now for no reason. I have parking guard turned off.
Will have to try the latest firmware and see if that helps.

I have updated to the November firmware but my cam still resets to default settings even the date and time. And as what @Rayman.Chan replied me on another thread, it could be RTC battery not fully charged. My regular daily route is 1-hr drive in the morning going to school then 1-hr drive in the afternoon from school. Sometimes in between there are short trips as well. Does this driving routine affects the charging of battery?

how long does it have to sit for before the time/date resets?

Sometimes after 2 days, sometimes after 1 week. even if we are using the car everyday, it resets in random.

Sometimes after 2 days, sometimes after 1 week. even if we are using the car everyday, it resets in random.

connect the camera to a power supply (USB phone charger will do) for 48 hours, doesn't need to be recording, standby is fine, let it fully charge the RTC battery, if you still have issues after that the RTC battery is faulty and you'll need to speak to the seller about getting it replaced

What kind of battery needs 48 hours to fully charged?

I don't think it's the RTC. If it was the RTC is causing the problem, then in theory, if the RTC failed and the CAM reset, the time should also be reset. But the thing is, when the CAM reset itself, the time is still correct, as in I did not have to manually set the date.

You said earlier that the time and date resets, now you say it doesn't, which is it?
It was me who said the time and date resets to a later date... i will try to charge it as u have suggested. thanks.

It was me who said the time and date resets to a later date... i will try to charge it as u have suggested. thanks.

sorry about the confusion, didn't notice it was two separate conversations going in here

if you're still losing time and date after doing this then the RTC battery is faulty and you'll need to speak to the seller

Back