Cam Shutting Down frequently. New Product help needed

MegaMind

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Fellow Mini Users,
I recently got my Mini 0906 and hard wired it to Moonroof and Acc fuses.I have installed behind the mirror on the black tint.(Sticker holding fine as of now (fingers crossed)).
Some times the cam randomly shuts down in parking mode and even during driving, I live in Ohio and temperatures are still around 22C (72F).
I dont know whether the problem is with camera or its just with the temp cutoff.
It recorded fine in parking when it was raining here the other day so I think it's temperature.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
I just dont want it to shutdown randomly and leave my unprotected as it defies the purpose of having a dash cam. If this is normal I might have to return my Cam and move to a better model.
Thanks for your help in advance...

New Update:
Went for a drive this weekend. It's shutting down like a million times in a 5-6 hour drive, Its not even hot outside, I was in PA/NY area and its raining . I see the cam reaching 60C in no time and shutting down. it takes few minutes to start up and it takes no time to reach 60 deg C and shutdown again. waiting for a reply from the manufacturers. can Any one tag them.Will be returning the item if same problem persists.

60C isn't enough for it to shutdown just because of heat, there must be something else wrong there somewhere

60C isn't enough for it to shutdown just because of heat, there must be something else wrong there somewhere
Thanks for the response. I was asked to update the Version and change the video quality to 720P , but even that didn't do any good to me. BTW I am using Veckle one bought on amazon.

Thanks for the response. I was asked to update the Version and change the video quality to 720P , but even that didn't do any good to me. BTW I am using Veckle one bought on amazon.
sounds like a hardware fault, maybe best to talk to them about getting it replaced or return or whatever their process is

I tried looking at the GPS log in the park mode and its off by 20 miles. It looks like I got a faulty piece.

Had a red patch across the lens of the cam. Spoke to the seller and he has agreed to send me a new cam. Looks like I did get a faulty piece. Hoping that the new one would work as it is supposed to

Back