Cam system will not connect to mobile hotspot

Sugar Silva

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,
What I'm trying to achieve: I have a Blackberry Z30 with hotspot capabilities. Since this is not my primary phone, I plan on leaving this in my truck at all times with the hotspot turned on. I want to link my dash cam to this hotspot so it will be on the cloud. This way, I will be able to view a live feed or recorded clips from y primary phone anywhere in the world.

My issue: The dash cam has no problems what-so-ever linking to my home wifi or getting on the cloud. However, the dash cam will not link to the Blackberry's hotspot. It does recognize the hotspot when it shows the list of available networks but it won't link up. It doesn't even give me the "wifi failed" audible message. It simply does not attempt to link from what I can tell. I am able to link my iphone, ipad, and Dell laptop to the Blackberry's hotspot without issue. FYI, the Blackberry is set to 2.4GHz as is compatible with the Blackvue.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks to the tech support guys at Blackvue, this has been solved. Changing my SSID for the Blackberry hot spot to a ten character alpha numeric name fixed this problem

Back