Cam with good parking mode and stealth install?

Amoral Foe

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi All!

Sorry for another 'noob' question, but I just can't seem to find a good cam for my requirements.
Car, if that matters, is a Golf Mk 7 with the higher model front facing cam and auto dimming mirror.

Perhaps the pros here can help? Here is what I am looking for:

1. Good parking mode

Main reason for buying a dash cam is that I am sick and tired of people damaging my car.
Unfortunately, I have to park on the road in the city centre quite often and people have no parking skills or morals here.
Rant over :).

Ideally, the cam would be 2 channels and able to record license plate info when an impact occurs.

2. Stealth install

Now this is purely down to personal preference. But I'd really like the thing to be as invisible as possible. Or at least OEM looking.

Surprisingly, this does not seem to be much in demand -- else there would be e.g. neater solutions out there to hiding wires.
Example of what I mean: the Thinkware F800 looks interesting feature wise. But I'm really not a fan of running two visible wires from the side of the cam into the headlining.
Some form of integration with the existing rear view mirror mounting setup would be ideal. But that is probably not realistic due to the multitude of variants, even within the range of most popular cars.

Failing that, a setup that blends in and looks OEM, perhaps with an integraed cable cover that hides the wires?
I think I've seen somehting like that once but can't remember the product :-/.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
AF

The F117 of dashcams.

Thanks chaps, that sounds promising. But I do hope you'll be working on some simplfied controls compared to the F117 :).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nited_States_Air_Force,_Dayton,_Ohio,_USA.jpg

In the meantime -- is there anything with a cable cover that goes from cam to headliner? I remember seeing such a thing on an avaible cam. But can't remember the model :-/.

Edit: oh, could actually be a SG cam - SG9665GC V3.

Last edited:
You'll see newly designed Cable Covers for the new 2018 products soon as well. (I got to see samples in China last month)

(y) looking forward to the relase. Thanks again!

If you need one for the older GC give me a call, i have a few and my car have a layout on the windscreen that mean i dont need them / have room for them.

To be honest i think its pretty rare you see a install where that cable cover have been used too.

Back