Cam with longest record time and decent quality

Baller

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for the longest run time, 30 hours would be nice. However a few 10 hour sd cards would be acceptable. I want all footage saved somehow. A notification of when the card needs to be changed would be nice. I want to mount it behind my rear view mirror because I have enough crap on my windshield along with several external gauges. Hard wiring is preferred, almost required. I have no issues with an external remote mounted hard drive.

Reason: I drive for vacations on highway road rallies/scavenger hunts. The days can be long, anywhere from 8 hours to 24 with car problems. I also will easily travel 12 hours in 1 day to go visit friends. I am basically just looking to not have to change an sd card while driving, might miss an epic moment. GPS and Date stamping is preferred, required if I have to change cards. Pricing is not a real concern as this could save me thousands in repair bills. Location, United States.

Thank you for any help and patience, I know I am being very specific here.

Thank you so much for your quick reply! I have a few other questions if you don't mind?

Building an amazon wishlist and all from Roadcam.
The camera.
polarizing lens.
gps logger.
hard wire kit.

Do you have a recommendation on a 128gb card? how long will the card record? I looked into the 256gb but don't think I could justify one. But curious as to how long a 256 would last?

This is just a wish list so far, I am open to other suggestions as well.

Back