Camera acting funny

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
So I thought I might have been having issues with my SD card but now that I replaced it I am still having some of the same issues.

So randomly the front camera sometimes will freeze on long drives however the rear camera will work fine

Here are some pictures I got of what is being shown on the display

IMG_5463.jpg
IMG_5525.jpg

Also when in parking mode I will come back to the camera not being responsive but still having the red REC light flashing

What I've done to get past the issues is unplug the camera for 10-30 seconds and plug it back in

That's not a SGGCX2PRO, you have a SG9663DC, or SG9663DCPRO
Since the DC/DCpro series comes with 2 rear camera cables, find the unused cable to loosely run it a temp test to confirm or rule out a cable problem.

But ? it is the front camera that glitch. can a wonky rear camera cable or camera pull down the front camera but still work.

Doesn't matter, this is the most logical troubleshooting to try first. Rear camera could be causing some unknown reaction if there is some type of cable communication issue. If the spare cable is unavailable test with the rear camera unplugged a while and see if that helps to point the finger at something.

Doesn't matter, this is the most logical troubleshooting to try first. Rear camera could be causing some unknown reaction if there is some type of cable communication issue. If the spare cable is unavailable test with the rear camera unplugged a while and see if that helps to point the finger at something.
Will try unplugging the rear when parked see if it still acts up. Will get back if I see anything

So I've had the rear camera unplugged, tonight my camera seems to have froze again with a blank screen and the red REC light flashing. I had to pull the power to get it to reboot

Seems unusual if you’re sure it’s not the memory card or power supply.

Open a support ticket so we can check warranty status and or offer a discounted main unit drop in replacement.

Seems unusual if you’re sure it’s not the memory card or power supply.

Open a support ticket so we can check warranty status and or offer a discounted main unit drop in replacement.
Yep SD Card is brand new and the power supply seems fine. I opened up a ticket

Back