Camera capable for 10 hours video everyday (mon-fri)

luchun

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Hello, i am in a search for in car montage camera, to record a tire slasher.
So, I need to record 10 hours of video when leaving my car at parking lot.
So it can be a camera with timelapse mode( to record every 2, 5 or 10 frames per second) to save storage and power, if necessary.
As widest angle, as it can be, or maybe duo lens?
Good night recording (because 3-4 hours car is at night with illuminated parking.
And that cigarette lighter slot is enough to power a camera, and not afraid to drain car battery (accumulator) (if timelapse use less power?)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
What is your budget?

Thanks. I see Viofo A129 duo consume 2,43 W for timelapse, and 3,52 W for normal recording. So I want to ask, will 10 hours per day recording empty my car accumulator if conected to cigarete lighter socket? Can I record 10 hours per day with no fear I could not start up my car because of low accumulator power?

Thanks for suggestion for side cameras, but my concern is will A129 duo empty my car accumulator for 10 hours per day recording..and if I use 4 camera, concern is much higher :)

Thanks for suggestion for side cameras, but my concern is will A129 duo empty my car accumulator for 10 hours per day recording..and if I use 4 camera, concern is much higher :)
If you drive 1 hour a day to recharge your battery then there will be no problem, half an hour should be OK with a good battery, but it will put stress on the battery and the battery may only have half the normal life.

You can also consider using a 20,000 mAh USB powerbank, recharge it in you house and keep it away from the sun. A 20,000 mAh powerbank will run the A129 for 24 hours + a bit more depending on the mode.

I drive around 1.5h per day. Have new Yuasa battery from March 2018. My 2 channel Street Guardian SG9663DC holds easily 24h non-stop parking recording. I believe it could do even longer than that, but at the moment 24h is the longest the FW allows to run.
I think you can get similar results with A129 as well as long as you have a healthy car battery and drive at least 1-2h per day as mentioned above.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I drive for 30 minutes, them I would like to record constant for 10 hours while at parking lot..then drive again 30 minutes. So, it will not stress my car battery so much. If so then Viofo A129 / Duo for me to buy.
I just consider to take 128 GB for 10 hours video on both camera. Will this be enough?

I drive for 30 minutes, them I would like to record constant for 10 hours while at parking lot..then drive again 30 minutes. So, it will not stress my car battery so much. If so then Viofo A129 / Duo for me to buy.
I just consider to take 128 GB for 10 hours video on both camera. Will this be enough?
30+30 minutes each day and 10 hours recording is OK for the battery.
For normal recording 128GB will give 8 hours with 2 cameras.
Timelapse or low bitrate modes will use less, or you can set lower quality or lower resolution.

Timelapse or low bitrate modes will use less, or you can set lower quality or lower resolution.

These will prove very adequate for identifying a person walking. You only need higher settings to handle faster driving speeds really well. IMHO the A129 Duo has the best images you can currently get in a dashcam; a quality product throughout and especially good in low-light situations.

If your car battery is in good shape it will handle 10 hours recording just fine, although you will lose some lifespan of the battery. My guess is10% - 20% less life, but when you do the math that is like $0.10 to $0.20 per day's recording so that's not much money really. I'm happy to spend that to get my 24-hour protection :)

Phil

Ok..I have ordered A129 Duo. Tell me which SD card 128 GB should I buy? Any class 10 sd card, or?

Any class 10 should work, but unless you have one to try it would be better to go with one of the ones that are well tested with the camera.
I think the most used are the Samsung Evo Plus or Select class 10 cards.
Most important is to make sure it is a genuine one, not a fake. When you receive it give it a test with h2testw.exe to make sure.

Back