Camera delays recording when power is applied to the super capacitor?

Datameister

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am supp[ying a constant 12V from my truck's fuse block to a switch mounted on my dash. When the switch is flipped to the on position the super capacitor begins to be energized ( parameter is set to 'power on auto record mode 1'). Depending upon the amount of charge existing in the cap., this takes a few moments. The camera does not start recording until the capacitor's requirements are met (charged).
I want to record immediately and only in certain situations and not all the time.
How can I eliminate this lag?Mobius20[1].jpg20180311_124053[1].jpg20180311_124039[1].jpgMobius20[1].jpg20180311_124053[1].jpg20180311_124039[1].jpg

Don't think it's possible, the boot process is taking more time. The M2 does take a little longer to actually start recording than all the other cameras I have.

Just tested, M2 with a capacitor 17 seconds, A119 - 11 seconds.

The camera charges the capacitor whilst recording video. It does not charge the capacitor first, which can take 30 seconds or so.

Look for the alternating green (charging) and amber (mode 1) lights when you start the camera. After a while the capacitor will be charged and you will see only the flashing amber light.

I can't remember if you can disable auto power off with the M2? What I mean is to keep the camera constantly running in standby mode, since you have permanent 12v power in your truck. Then you can record without delay by pressing the record button on the camera.

Don't think it's possible, the boot process is taking more time. The M2 does take a little longer to actually start recording than all the other cameras I have.

Just tested, M2 with a capacitor 17 seconds, A119 - 11 seconds.
That seems longer than I thought, but I just tested mine and agree with M2 17s, A119 11s.

I think the M1 starts faster than the M2, but I don't have one installed at the moment to test.

I don't think there is much that you can do to reduce the M2 startup time, apart from trying a battery as Jokiin suggested.

That seems longer than I thought, but I just tested mine and agree with M2 17s, A119 11s.

I think the M1 starts faster than the M2, but I don't have one installed at the moment to test.

I don't think there is much that you can do to reduce the M2 startup time, apart from trying a battery as Jokiin suggested.

Both my M1's are in the car but from what I remember they start recording much faster than the A119 as well, somewhere in the range of 5 seconds.

Again from what I remember, battery or capacitor, the M2 takes longer than all my other cameras.

Back