Camera deleted my morning drive

Shauna

Reaction score
Country
United States
Model: Panorama S 2015 edition updated Sony Exmor IMX322 Sensor CMOS DashCam PowerUCC Panorama 2S / S International Model
Card: Transcend 64GB High Speed 10 UHS Flash Memory Card TS64GSDU1E
Resolution: 1920x1090 30FPS 1080p
Cycle: 2 minutes
Video overlap: 0
Motion Detect: Off
G-sensor: Normal
Computer OS: Windows 10

I used this camera for the first time today. It turned on great for both my morning and evening commutes when I turned on and turned off my car. However when I plugged in the card to see my video at home tonight, it only had my evening commute. It was recorded perfectly but I'm not clear on why it wrote over my morning commute. I thought it might be a size issue but I have a large card, and also I feel like if it was size then it wouldn't have overwritten my morning commute so perfectly.

Thoughts? I didn't see any options in the setting to continue writing new files even after the car is turned off and back on again...

Make sure you've formatted the card at least one time in the camera. Keep an eye on the camera's blue LED just to the right of the screen. Flashing means recording is in progress. Do more testing and post how it goes. It shouldn't loop over old stuff until the card is full.

Oh you're both right, I forgot to format it. I will do that tomorrow and report back!

Thanks everyone, I formatted the card this afternoon when I started driving and it captured my drive out and my drive back. Hopefully it stays consistent. The video is beautifully clear and even got a bit of tonight's supermoon! :eek:)

Thanks everyone, I formatted the card this afternoon when I started driving and it captured my drive out and my drive back. Hopefully it stays consistent. The video is beautifully clear and even got a bit of tonight's supermoon! :eek:)
:)

Back