Camera died after being left in the car for three weeks

PIX

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Dash Cam
Yi Compact Dash
Hello
I've bought this camera (Model YCS.1A17 from Amazon)
a few weeks ago. Now after three weeks of no use it won't turn on or respond to any button, even the reset button.
The camera was actually left running in the car, connected to the charger for at least a week until the car battery ran out - I don't know if it has anything to do with the issue.

However there is a red light when connected to a charger, and a "device connected" sound when connected to a PC.

What can I do?

Thanks

Yes, they stopped responding after a few emails

Technically yes - from Yi themselves, through Amazon.

What I knew, because I am a Chinese seller as well and also I quite often buy some stuffs from Amazon, the overwhelming majority of Chinese sellers are very responsive, politely and promptly;

I do believe that the service from Chinese sellers are much better than the sellers from western, for example, Chinese sellers easily work 7*24 hours, meanwhile, get feedback after 2-3 days from western sellers is too normal.

However, have to admit the service from most western sellers seems more professionally, or we say "officially".

Well I've sent a message through Amazon but thought maybe there is a fix I can try on my own

I do believe that the service from Chinese sellers are much better than the sellers from western, for example, Chinese sellers easily work 7*24 hours,
“meanwhile, get feedback after 2-3 days from western sellers is too normal.”

Actually, my experience, typical customer support response time from Street Guardian is 2-3 minutes or 2-3 hours tops. Not that its needed all that much as these are excellent units and why I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend that brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it isn't happening in my case. Still waiting for Yi support, while Amazon replied with a suggestion to flash a firmware to it even though the camera is not showing any sign of activity

The cam is dead so if Yi doesn't respond soon I'd do a return via Amazon.

Sometimes Chinese Holidays will bring a delay in getting a response but I don't think there are any of the big ones going on right now. Emails do get lost occasionally so I generally resend after a couple days, and after a couple more days I go for the refund.

Phil

The cam is dead so if Yi doesn't respond soon I'd do a return via Amazon.

Sometimes Chinese Holidays will bring a delay in getting a response but I don't think there are any of the big ones going on right now. Emails do get lost occasionally so I generally resend after a couple days, and after a couple more days I go for the refund.

Phil
their holidays are a few weeks away still, I'd be chasing Amazon now if it was me, when they stop responding to emails is not a good sign already

Still no luck with support :(

I'd get the Amazon refund. It seems that is the only workable solution you have now.

Phil

is it a battery cam or capacitor cam? If its battery, have you tried leaving the camera switched off and charging for an hour or so with a mobile phone charger in your home, then seeing if it will power on after that?

Back