Camera does not automatically begin recording when I turn it on

killi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just received my Panorama 2S matte black and installed it, but I noticed that I cannot get it to automatically begin recording when it powers on. It is installed via 12v running to the multi-safer. I put it in driving mode so it turns on and off with ignition. When I turn on the vehicle, camera powers up but it does not begin recording on its own. Any help is appreciated.

Hey Killi,

Let's cover the basics first, I want to confirm you are powering your Panoa via the 12v port on the left side of the camera, and not the microUSB port on top. If you power this via microUSB port cable it won't begin recording automatically.

12v round port on upper left side connected to multi safer via the cig plug adapter.

-Can you manually start the recording by pressing top right button every time? (just as a test)

-Can you try another SD card? Are you using a microSD + Adapter or Full Size Class 10 SD card?

-Can you try powering your camera directly to your car via cig plug? (just as a test) or are the wires too hard to take apart at this point?

-Are you comfortable re-flashing the firmware? This can possibly flush out any potential issues.
http://dashcamtalk.com/powerucc-panoramaii/#Firmware
(use caution, see step by step video)
I recommend this one:
http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/panoramaii/GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_15Mbps_Intl.zip

-Can you manually start the recording by pressing top right button every time? (just as a test)

-Can you try another SD card? Are you using a microSD + Adapter or Full Size Class 10 SD card?

-Can you try powering your camera directly to your car via cig plug? (just as a test) or are the wires too hard to take apart at this point?

-Are you comfortable re-flashing the firmware? This can possibly flush out any potential issues.
http://dashcamtalk.com/powerucc-panoramaii/#Firmware
(use caution, see step by step video)
I recommend this one:
http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/panoramaii/GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_15Mbps_Intl.zip

1. manually pressing button starts recordings no problem.

2. I am using a transcend 128gb full size class 10 SD card. i have tried both as exfat and fat32, and always formatted in camera again before recording.

3. i did try from the plug directly and had the same results.

4. I will reflash the firmware right quick.

Also, I did notice that sometimes the camera would just shut off when trying to run in in Constant Mode. I even tried two different sources of +/-/Acc. It did not always do it, but when it did just shut off, I could not turn it back on without disconnecting the power supply cord and reconnecting. Ill flash firmware and post results in a sec.

Oh and the manually recorded videos were on the SD card and I could view them fine on a PC

flashed firmware, no change.

flashed firmware, no change.

The Panorama has fantastic QA, and very low RMA but a portion of all electronics have their day in the land of RMA.

It sounds like it's time for a replacement. Since it's partially manually working you probably don't want to be without a camera recording. If you bought yours from RoadCam we can offer two options.

1) Advance Replacement (we temp charge you, ship out a new camera, refund the temp charge after the old one is returned
or
2) You can send it back, we'll send out a new one when it arrives.

Please send me a PM on here for contact details.

Just tried a 4gb full size SD card, same results.

I will send a message, thanks.

The Panorama has fantastic QA, and very low RMA but a portion of all electronics have their day in the land of RMA.

It sounds like it's time for a replacement. Since it's partially manually working you probably don't want to be without a camera recording. If you bought yours from RoadCam we can offer two options.

1) Advance Replacement (we temp charge you, ship out a new camera, refund the temp charge after the old one is returned
or
2) You can send it back, we'll send out a new one when it arrives.

Please send me a PM on here for contact details.

that's a great policy. well done

Did you turn off motion detection?

Yeah we tried that too. The camera was just defective. Not only did it not auto- record, but it would randomly shut off when recording after anywhere from 20 seconds to two minutes. Would have to disconnect power completely and reconnect to get it to turn back on.

Got a replacement yesterday and tested very briefly, and the new one is working as intended so far with same memory cards and power cords. It is the new Pano G I received so I will test it in depth later on and post my thoughts.

Back