Camera for dusk/dawn on ALCAN

worldfoot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently own the Cobra CDR 810 and have on order a G1W and a G1W-CB. I purchased the G1's from links at Dashcamtalk so they should be real. My question is, what car camera will give me the best nature/wildlife video as I am driving through the Yukon and Northwest territory NEXT June? Its important for it to offer good night, dusk, and dawn clarity because thats when most of the animals are out and about.

I dont want to spend $1000, but will spend whats necessary for the right cam. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kerry

Last edited:
My question is, what car camera will give me the best nature/wildlife video as I am driving through the Yukon and Northwest territory this June?
I guess will have to be one that can look back in time...

Maybe Gitup F1 with 90 degree lens, and install it into a DeLorean?

I guess will have to be one that can look back in time...

Maybe Gitup F1 with 90 degree lens, and install it into a DeLorean?

I come here for help and get someone picking on my grammar......thats a violation of the TOS by the way....want a copy?

MODS, is this how new members are treated?

I come here for help and get someone picking on my grammar......thats a violation of the TOS by the way....want a copy?

although he was being cheeky he did provide you with a suitable suggestion to your question, the Gitup F1 with a 90 degree lens would be a more suitable choice than anything you have now for what you want it for

although he was being cheeky he did provide you with a suitable suggestion to your question, the Gitup F1 with a 90 degree lens would be a more suitable choice than anything you have now for what you want it for

And someone with very little knowledge in this area (me) is supposed to decipher that from his smart alec remark to me?

While im all for being cheeky at the appropriate time, I would think people would be bright enough to see it was my first post, it was clearly a grammatical error, and I also just joined this forum.

Well you could have clarified what you meant by "this June"! The "..." was a request for clarification, do you mean June 2018, or December 2017, if December than my suggestion is not appropriate since the 90 degree version of that camera is not yet available.

Currently it looks like you are trying to cause trouble!

Well you could have clarified what you meant by "this June"! The "..." was a request for clarification, do you mean June 2018, or December 2017, if December than my suggestion is not appropriate since the 90 degree version of that camera is not yet available.

Currently it looks like you are trying to cause trouble!

Well Mr grammar police, since I wasnt the one being cheeky, how am I the one causing problems?

I am clearly using cheaper cams and was hoping for suggestions on a better one for my JUNE 2018 trip

And someone with very little knowledge in this area (me) is supposed to decipher that from his smart alec remark to me?

I never said it was straightforward which is why I posted the detail again to make it clearer, his smart remark is his doing, not agreeing with that, but the camera he suggested is worth a look

I never said it was straightforward which is why I posted the detail again to make it clearer, his smart remark is his doing, not agreeing with that, but the camera he suggested is worth a look

And now that I know that was actually good information (which I missed), I appreciate it and am researching it. Thanks.

Not trying to be a jerk here, just was told this was the place for great information.

No place better for good honest info on Dashcams than here. And welcome to DCT :D I'll have to second "hanstj" having the best scenery vids but it's not a dashcam. It's worth your time to look anyway because it's excellent. What you would possible find works best is an 'action' cam (like GoPro) which is similar but more oriented to what you want to record. The F1 is one of these but also with dashcam features and right now seems to do excellent vids. Since you have a bit of time to choose I'd recommend looking at vids from cams you like, particularly those done in partial light and darkness where only the best cams do well.

Phil

Welcome to the forum worldfoot.

Sound like a interesting drive up there.

I will have to agree with some of my fellow forum members here, for scenic drive capture a dashcam are not ideal as its far too wide angled.

Our user named hanstj do really cool videos from his car using a regular camcorder ( Sony HDR-PJ540 )

The big plus in my eyes with such a setup is you can use quick release mount for the camcorder, so at any time you can disconnect it from the mount in the car and film outside the car in the hand or on a tripod.

He is the guy to hit up for such things for sure.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/members/hanstj.8553/

This is his youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5FwjKp5zm2hmujKckyO_sg

No problem buddy, hope you be back and share some of that cool footage you will get up there (y)

Back