Camera freezing?

themyst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I've had this camera for well over a year now, and I have the same issue still and its irritating, hopefully there is a fix

Camera freezes with the screen on at random, remedies tried:

1. swapped 128GB genuine Samsung EVO Plus to genuine 256GB Samsung EVO Plus. The 256GB freezes less often than the 128GB but it still does.
2. updated firmware, no change.
3. formatted card using the camera itself, no change.

The camera is hard wired to always-on power with a power saver (set to turn off camera at 11.8V)

I owned an A119 Pro and A119 V3, neither of these cameras had this issue on the same car.

Is this possibly a defective unit? I ruled out the SD card since it occurs on two different cards. It is freezing cold outside so I do not believe it is temperature related.

I would recommend powering the unit with the supplied 12V car adapter and Viofo USB power cable to rule out your current power supply. The Plus DUO will use more power than your previous units. Another test would be to unplug the rear camera.

Hi Themyst,

Were you able to find the solution for the freezing? I am also facing the same with my A129 Plus Duo.

I got the same issues yesterday, both cameras stopped recording, it gets in an unstable state and when you try to turn on the wifi it stays on the wifi logo forever, only resolvable by pulling out the power cord.
(using a Sandisk high endurance 256GB, latest firmware)

Already my 2nd unit and 3th rear cable...
I don't understand why Viofo doesn't test this better? Using it for more than 2 months now and did not work stable for more than a few days...
- freezes entirely
- just the rear cam stops
- or the HK3 hardwire kit goes dead and you have to go to the car's wirebox to plug and unplug it to resurrect it again (happens once every few weeks)

Can't say I'm happy about the brand(n)

Back