Camera frozen - stuck at logo splash screen

EvanD

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all.

Last night in the middle of driving, I heard my camera chime like it just turned on. When I got home, I realized that it was frozen on a blank screen, so I unplugged and plug it back in, but now it seems to just be stuck on the logo when I try turning it on. I've plugged it into a wall outlet and my computer, both with and without the SD card, but it's still stuck.

Is there maybe some hidden way of resetting the camera, like holding down a button combination when it turns on? The camera has worked great for me so far and I would hate to hear that it's dead. :(

I had to go look since it's been so long since I used mine, but above the SD card slot there is a "reset" button. Run power to the cam with the card in it, turn cam on, press and hold the reset button about 15 seconds, then release the button. If it doesn't boot try the power button. If still no joy try the reset procedure without a card. Hopefully that will do it.

Phil

I had to go look since it's been so long since I used mine, but above the SD card slot there is a "reset" button. Run power to the cam with the card in it, turn cam on, press and hold the reset button about 15 seconds, then release the button. If it doesn't boot try the power button. If still no joy try the reset procedure without a card. Hopefully that will do it.

Phil
I completely forgot about that button! Unfortunately that didn't do it. I tried a quick reset, and holding it down for about 15/30 seconds, with and without the SD card, but it's still stuck.

With it not booting I don't know if it will work but reloading the FW is the last hope- it's worth a try. There's no listing on their site but our member @estore009 can probably provide it, they are the manufacturer.

Phil

Tell me your order number, so I can send you the correct firmware to reset it!

With it not booting I don't know if it will work but reloading the FW is the last hope- it's worth a try. There's no listing on their site but our member @estore009 can probably provide it, they are the manufacturer.

Phil
Well it doesn't seem to be completely dead. I plugged it back in for about a half hour of driving, and toward the end it appears to have gone from frozen at startup to frozen mid recording. So there might be some hope!

Tell me your order number, so I can send you the correct firmware to reset it!
I purchased the camera through an eBay store, if that is what you're asking for.

My eBay order number was 283986321447-2284648494018 on May 12, 2021, sold by "springnow15."

Is that the information you need?

Back