Camera is locking videos after it repowers

CMEPTb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I had a problem with the first camera that had what I am calling "predator vision". The replacement unit seems to be working fine but I noticed that because I drive about half hour to work in the morning and half our back home at night (and sometimes not at all on the weekends), the camera resets the time and it locks the video files so the disk runs out of space quickly and doesn't record new videos (defeating the purpose of having this camera.) I'm guessing that the camera is defaulting to the locking function when it doesn't get enough juice from the charger after being off for so long.

I don't much care about having the right date on the videos but I'm looking for a solution to having it lock up the videos every time I get in the car.

Any thoughts?

Two possible reasons:
-Bad battery
-Too sensitive G sensor setting. Try less sensitive settings.

The G sensor is on the lowest setting (2.5). I took the camera out of the car and left it plugged in at home over night. When I unplugged it in the morning to check the G sensor setting, the camera was dead. Is that normal or is it supposed to hold a charge for a while after being unplugged?

Also, when I went to check the movies to see if they were locked or not, I noticed it only made one movie since last night even though it was plugged in the whole time. Isn't it supposed to take continues movies so long as it plugged into a power source?

G sensor set at 2.5 is actually most sensitive and larger number is less sensitive.
About camera not holding charge I think most likely battery needs to be replaced ( mine was holding charge for only 10sec. since new).

Back