Camera is recording all the time, but it wasn't always like this

secular

Reaction score
Country
Canada
When I first installed the 129a duo back in march/19, it worked as I expected. Installed the 3 wire kit (HK3) and it would go into parking mode and turn on with the car. 6 months later and its always recording, but every once in awhile it'll become unresponsive when driving and/or failing to turn on. Disconnecting it for 5 minutes seems to bring it back to life but, it still always records.

Reading the forums it seems my serial number is not within a certain range, suggesting I need to have the power/3 wire kit plugged into the camera, not GPS mount. However, it use to work plugged into hte GPS mount (even prior to the firmware update).
I've tried updating to firmware version 1.9 and nothing has changed. Also tried formatting the card and a factory reset.

SD card seems to be working fine. I can see the videos it's recording.

Any suggestions on what to try? I would like to try and eliminate the 3wire kit being the problem (I dont particularly want to have to pull it out), but I'm not sure how to test it. The output is on a mini USB so I can't really use my voltmeter to see if there is a switch signal.

Back