Camera Just Stopped Working

pdmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S 2-CH
I noticed I wasn't hearing the voice any more and no red or blue lights were on. I pulled the chip and the last recording was made on 3-24-21. Bluetooth is on and operating. All power plugs are plugged in. The camera wi-fi does not appear to be connected. I don't see the camera network anywhere in my iPhone, Wi-Fi settings.

What should I do to get this bad boy working again?

Last edited:
First verify power continuity with a multimeter. Possibly the hardwire power adapter has failed, a fuse has blown, a cable has been pinched and or shorted, or a cable connection has come loose. If it's not the power path, then your camera may have completely failed. You can contact BlackVue and ask them what an out-of-warranty repair or replacement would cost, and if such a service option is available.

First verify power continuity with a multimeter. Possibly the hardwire power adapter has failed, a fuse has blown, a cable has been pinched and or shorted, or a cable connection has come loose. If it's not the power path, then your camera may have completely failed. You can contact BlackVue and ask them what an out-of-warranty repair or replacement would cost, and if such a service option is available.
I took it back to the guy who installed it to begin with. He checked the fuses and said they were all OK. I am using a Power Magic Pro. He suspected it had gone bad, so I got a new one which he installed today. It got power to the dashcam. I didn't have the SD chip in the unit when he fixed it. I went home and put the chip in. The power remained on, but the unit would not record any videos. Then the power went out again.

I contacted a tech guy at Blackvue who says I need a firmware update. Sounds good to me, but I have to get power back to the unit before I can do that. I will be seeing installer guy tomorrow to see if he can get the power back. Stay tuned ....
My fixit guy says the settings were wrong on the Power Magic Pro. He set them correctly, and the unit appears to be working just fine. I can record and view videos, etc. Now that it appears to be fixed, do you think I should still do a firmware update? I'm reluctant to do that because of all the horror stories I have read on this Forum about failed attempts at firmware updating.

What do you think?

Back