Camera messing with range for keyless entry

puska

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I had this camera for year and a half and I thought some antennas or key is getting bad on my advanced keyless entry Mazda 6. And since I started parking the car sometimes for days I started unplugging the camera. It's hard wired with one of those units that cuts power if voltage drops.

And whenever I disconnect the power from camera range of the key increases and trunk request button works every time not intermittent.

Hardwired kit is under the cup holder and the camera unit is in the glovebox.

Anyone else had the same issue or has idea how to fix it?

Was thinking to jump on DC wagon but I'm a bit worried if the issue will persist

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I don't know whether a ferrite core might help, they tend to help with radio interference, and I believe they're really cheap to buy so worth a try?

I would also try a ferrite core, tin foil tape has been known to reduce interference too. Is the camera powered by a Cigarette lighter connection anywhere with a Mini or Micro usb connector for example?

Had cameras in the past (not Thinkware ones!) where buying a new power lead helps as the new one is shielded much better.

I had this camera for year and a half and I thought some antennas or key is getting bad on my advanced keyless entry Mazda 6. And since I started parking the car sometimes for days I started unplugging the camera. It's hard wired with one of those units that cuts power if voltage drops.

And whenever I disconnect the power from camera range of the key increases and trunk request button works every time not intermittent.

Hardwired kit is under the cup holder and the camera unit is in the glovebox.

Anyone else had the same issue or has idea how to fix it?

Was thinking to jump on DC wagon but I'm a bit worried if the issue will persist

I'd take a guess that the receiver for your keyless entry is somewhere near to where you currently have the main camera unit or the power controller mounted

I'd take a guess that the receiver for your keyless entry is somewhere near to where you currently have the main camera unit or the power controller mounted
I agree you are probably right just don't know where else to put the unit and have enough cable lenght but will check and will also try ferrots.

I've got one of those cigarette lighter outlets hard wired and connected to multi park and camera is plugged with lighter into it

Back