Camera Mounting Question

WyoDriver

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas 7900 ACE (x2), GT550W, Viofo A129 Pro Duo (x2)
I just received my SGGCX2PRO camera and I will probably wait until we have some warmer weather before mounting it in my vehicle so that I can achieve the strongest bond for the adhesive, but in the meantime I've been fiddling with it and I find it's very difficult to attach and remove the camera to/from either mounting bracket. I'm concerned that I'll be breaking the bracket away from the windshield with the amount of force required to attach and remove the camera.

Are there any tricks I should know about for attaching and removing the camera from the bracket without having to use so much force?

Thanks, Ed

Nah, it'll be fine. Just slide it up toward the headliner once it's mounted. When the base is affixed to the windshield it's way easier than holding the base with one hand and the cam with the other. And over time it can loosen slightly with vibrations and with the subtle (sometimes not-so-subtle) curve of the windshield, which is why the EVA foam is provided to add extra cushion in case you end up with tiny rattles.

That’s a common question don’t be fooled by trying to remove it when it’s not attached to the window which gives you plenty of leverage to get it on and off. It’s not difficult to remove once it’s mounted to the glass

Nah, it'll be fine. Just slide it up toward the headliner once it's mounted. When the base is affixed to the windshield it's way easier than holding the base with one hand and the cam with the other. And over time it can loosen slightly with vibrations and with the subtle (sometimes not-so-subtle) curve of the windshield, which is why the EVA foam is provided to add extra cushion in case you end up with tiny rattles.
That’s a common question don’t be fooled by trying to remove it when it’s not attached to the window which gives you plenty of leverage to get it on and off. It’s not difficult to remove once it’s mounted to the glass
Thanks, guys. That's reassuring. I'll stop obsessing about it and just go ahead with the installation when we have a stretch of warm weather.

Ed

Stop obsessing and go ahead installing it now. Unless the weather at your place is like 20 degrees below zero temperature, the adhesive of the mount should be fine sticking onto the windscreen.

Back