Camera not creating wifi network

SpecialFX

Reaction score
Country
United States
My camera has worked perfectly for a while until one day I was no longer able to connect to it from phone and I noticed that my phone no longer sees the wifi network from the camera. I literally never touched the camera between the time I could connect to it and when I stopped being able to connect. I have tried an android phone, and iPhone, and a desktop computer and none of them can see a wifi network for the camera (from a distance of less than 1 foot). This is with the green status light on, but I tried pressing and holding the button and nothing can see the cameras wifi network with the light red or green. I reinstalled firmware in the hopes it would fix the no wifi network issue but this did not change anything. Despite not being able to see the network from the camera I have still tried to connect with mobile data and wifi both on, both off, just wifi on, and just mobile data on and there was still no connection. The camera was being powered by a wall charger during all of the above and not a computer. That covers all advice I've read in similar threads and I do not know what to try. Is there something else I should do or is my camera's wifi just broken?

PM you the reset tool already, and it seems that this camera bricked!

Thank you. It's going to take some time for me to try it. I don't have a windows computer except at work where Google drive and exe files are blocked. I'll let you know the results once I'm able to try. I'm not sure how you define bricked but the camera still records, I just have no wifi.

Back