Camera not holding charge

Ferlopezarias84

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Dash Cam
B1W
I just realized one of my cameras is not powering off properly, as soon as I disconnect the camera, the LED turn off immediately and the power off sound doesn't play. Obviously when I look at the last recorded file, it's corrupted.

I just realized one of my cameras is not powering off properly, as soon as I disconnect the camera, the LED turn off immediately and the power off sound doesn't play. Obviously when I look at the last recorded file, it's corrupted.
Contact the seller for a replacement camera!

Contact the seller for a replacement camera!
I installed the new camera on my sister's car on November 2020, but bought it more than 18 months ago, so I don't think the seller send me a replacement camera...

nubie here, so take with a bit of skepticism... i was having similar issues with my rexing v1p, the last file recorded before shut down would not play on my computer.

what worked for me was to play that file on the dash cam. the camera has internal software to "fix" the file.

tech support at rexing had suggestions of charging the camera for a few hours in your house, using the reset button and upgrading the firmware but, none of these helped.

in your case, i'd suspect the camera's internal battery is no longer holding a charge. i'm sure someone reasonably handy could replace it, you might search some youtube videos by brand / model.

Last edited:
The B1W uses supercaps, not a battery, to power the cam as the last file closes. Supercaps and their charging circuit rarely give problems, but occasionally one goes bad. The supercaps are replaceable, just use an exact match if you can't replace with the original kind. If that doesn't fix it then it's the charging circuitry. Novatek-based cams with screens and provisions for in-cam playback can usually repair files like the Rexing does, but that isn't the case with the B1W: no screen and thus no playback provisions in the cam.

I'd reach out to the seller anyway- they might still replace the cam for you. Never hurts to ask.

Phil

Last edited:
Spiel Cheeker dsn't woork onn watt et c's az naims.

I'll go fix that wascally wabbit wight away.

Phil

Back