Camera not recording and seems to be freeze

lala

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello,

about 3 month ago i bought a DR650 and i am running it with a 64GB card. The first month i had no problems with cam.
Then the temperature dropped and some times the cam seems to run at start up and later it told me "SD card problem". I plugged it out removed the SD card and "cleaned" the contact with my fingers. After insertion and plugin it worked very well.

Currently i have the issue that the cam seems to start normally after plugin (i did not install power magic yet). The record LED is on, then it starts blinking and the GPS LED is on. But after some minutes the record LED turnes off and the GPS LED stays on. First time the cam stayed in this state for 2 hours.
Today i restarted it, the cam behaved same as described above. Then i connected via wifi. I tryed to change some configurations but during saving the cam went to its "error state" and wifi did not react anymore. It seems that it was freezed/crashed.

The log files (SD-card/BlackVur/System) have no record from the startups that ended in this crash/freeze. Regarding the log files i am currently using firmware version 1.000

Does anyone have an idea what i can do? I will try to update the firmware tomorrow and see if that changes.

Would certainly try the update and see how it goes, checking the memory card in your PC for errors is probably worthwhile also

It seems that the SD does not work anymore. It can be read normally, but if i write data to it windows shows them, but on next mount they are not there.
I can not format the SD card with windows tools or any tools i found on the web.

The record length of my cam is 3 minutes in normal mode and crash time is around the same. I think this problem goes to the SD card :/

Yes, it is possible to blame sd card

It seems that the SD does not work anymore. It can be read normally, but if i write data to it windows shows them, but on next mount they are not there.
I can not format the SD card with windows tools or any tools i found on the web.

The record length of my cam is 3 minutes in normal mode and crash time is around the same. I think this problem goes to the SD card :/

Can you share your SD card brand and model?

Its a Transcend Premium 300x. On the german Amazon page about 5 out of 600 comments are describing the same issue.
Age of the SD card (since purchase) is around 2 month.

I dont know if this is normal for microSD cards, but if i write data to it (from PC about 10 GB) its getten that hot that you may not want to touch the card.

Attachments

• 20150201_175249.jpg
    20150201_175249.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 8
Back