Camera not starting with ignition/power magic pro, after a few days working fine

Squid68

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I hijacked someone else's thread, so re-posting in a new thread..

This may only be a glitch, will update tomorrow..

Fuses are fine, power magic pro working fine and tested in parking mode, ignition all ok and working... I waited for a short while to see if the camera would kick in, no go...

My dash cam decided not to start up after work.. I disconnected the power plug at the camera end and then re-connected. That worked. Got home, no issues, working fine. Went back out a few hours later, same deal, camera would not start up. Flicked power switch on my power magic pro on/off a few times, no go.. Then again I disconnected the cable, re-connected the cable and she worked.. I'll see what happens in the morning.. It's only just started happening today, the camera is brand new, 3 days installed only.. After work, the power magic pro had switched itself off after about 5 hours continuous recording, but when I turned on the ignition, the light came back on the power magic pro, but the camera didn't work.

Only thing was to disconnect power then re-connect..

Also now getting a weird reading on the app (see image below), almost like getting a second camera number/connection.. Normal name shown below here connected to the camera, but just before this image snapshot, the lower name was connected to the camera and the settings were certainly not my settings, London time, 3 minute loop, high volume etc etc, not my settings.. The image on my phone was definitely showing my camera, but different name and settings.. Strange one..

I have set it back up on the app, formatted the card etc, so I hope after work tomorrow it will automatically fire up. I presume all will be fine in the morning as this will be plugging the camera back in. So in theory this will work, but just need to see if it comes straight on after work tomorrow. The lower reading in the below image disappeared after about 10 minutes and only showed the normal DOD_RC500S..

Anyone else having sudden start up issues with the camera not wanting to play.. Without disconnecting the cable and re-connecting, it won't play ball.. Turning the ignition on/off and the power magic pro on/off didn't work for some reason either.. I know it should, but it just didn't.. I can't explain that one.... I did wait for a few seconds, enough time anyway..

screenshot_2018-05-08-21-00-59-77-png.37967

Ok, update.. Working perfectly fine.. I don't think I was using the power magic pro (PMP) and the camera properly. So I have the PMP on the 'off' position, so the car ignition starts the camera, this now works fine without having to unplug the camera. Then flick the PMP 'on' for parking mode, temporarily, in a shopping mall..As in, for the duration of the time away from the car, not all day, all night.. Seems simple, but I had the thing on permanently and of course, set up some kind of glitch. Using the PMP as I think it should be used has made this now work perfectly.. I'm going with user error and lack of understanding of the gear, adding a large dash of moron.. Apologies.. Camera is awesome.. Now, how to delete all my threads.....

Glad you were able to resolve your issue at least.
Always good to have detailed threads with resolutions!

you are meant to be able to leave them on all the time, it doesn't work well with all cameras though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DOD RC500S 5
Back