Camera not storing files

And if it wasn't recording because card needed formatted, does your camera continuously beep? If so, then we know the card itself must be formatted since OP isn't reporting this issue.

So my guess, he needs to do a zero wipe and format on card, then see what happens thereafter. Cards often need formatted every few months anyway to keep them in good working order.
I formatted it tonight, but I'll do it again before copying the firmware update over to it. I just have to remember where I put the SD to USB adapter.....

I formatted it tonight, but I'll do it again before copying the firmware update over to it. I just have to remember where I put the SD to USB adapter.....
if you format the card in the computer and then copy the firmware file it won't work, card needs to be formatted in the camera first

Per @jokiin, after doing the format with the program I recommended, put SD card into camera, and do a quick format. Eject card, put on the new firmware, then insert card again. let camera update. Then begin using camera and SD card as normal.

I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you guys. Formatting the card fixed the problem. It's now storing files. Makes me wonder if I ever bothered to format it to begin with. (I'm usually conscientious about doing things like that, but I'm also old and forgetful.) I have not yet done the firmware update.

you must keep taps on any dashcam, at the very least see if it have recorded your last drive.
I do a bit more than that so it take about 10 - 15 minutes of my time every 2 months or so, and i dont think that is asking too much, even if i imagined i was still among the hard working people of the world.

Back