Camera Recommendation for Classic European Car

jlwm

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD that I'm interested in putting a dash camera in. I have a Blackvue DR900S-2CH in my daily driver that I'm satisfied with, but I think it would be a bit much for a car that I mainly drive for leisure on weekends. In this case, I think hard wiring would be the better option instead using a cigar lighter adapter since the socket size on these older Euro cars causes a loose fit with modern accessory chargers, but I'm open to a battery powered camera as well. I don't think parking mode would be feasible since most of them tap into the fusebox using a piggyback, and this car uses the old ceramic torpedo type fuses for which there's no adapter.

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Maybe powering the cams with a powebank will work. No having to add to or alter the car, and no worries about loose PS plugs. Just charge up before the weekends when you plan to drive and maybe use two so one will always be ready while using the other one. These are almost all 5VDC USB types, but 12VDC ones are made is you choose a cam which needs that.

Phil

Maybe powering the cams with a powebank will work. No having to add to or alter the car, and no worries about loose PS plugs. Just charge up before the weekends when you plan to drive and maybe use two so one will always be ready while using the other one. These are almost all 5VDC USB types, but 12VDC ones are made is you choose a cam which needs that.

Phil
Good idea. Any brands in particular to look for?

Back