Camera Sagging in Mount = No Charge.

Akusho

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hello!
Two of my cameras seem to be sagging in their mount and not charging. If I push the camera up a little it starts charging.
Video link:

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

sag happens after a while, connect the power to the camera instead of the mount, it's more reliable that way

Will GPS still work? I thought it was in the mount.

Same issue, except even when cabling direct to the camera, red led stays on solid...never powers up or shows display/recording....

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

There's no fix, it just gets worse. Return it or bin it, and don't buy a dashcam with a similar mount design.

The mounting is biased on one side making the weight unbalanced. Apply heat and vibration and the plastic will eventually warp.

That said, I'm pretty sure i beat yours in the sagging game.

_20151026_215530.JPG

The mounting is biased on one side making the weight unbalanced.

Exactly about this I have pointed out when very first 0801 came out. Not sure why designers did not think logically, it is simple rules of physics.

I have contacted Gearbest. I'll wait and see what their solution is.
Is it possible to stick a thin piece of wood or plastic between the camera's "leg" and the mounting socket to force a better connection? Because my windshield design doesn't let me plug in the camera directly, at least with the current cable.

I did plug my dad's cam directly and it is working fine, but several times I noticed that the camera locks the recordings for some reason without him touching it. Is it somehow connected?

Sorry ... Can't resist. I know a song about that.

Two of my cameras seem to be sagging in their mount ...

I've had my Mini 0805 since December 2015. It too is now sagging ...

756e08674b76442fe10ff85c1def6102.jpg

It's always been powered through the camera, not the mount, & continues to work well, apart from the image angle being 'on the wonk'.

The video quality remains plenty good enough for insurance claim handlers, etc. As I only paid £25 for it, I'm still happy with the 0805.

I have never understood the whacky logic of designing a mount that would be so prone to this problem. It's simply an example of poor engineering.

A much more stable and versatile mount would support the camera from both ends which would provide for the added benefit of left to right horizontal aiming along with the usual up or down adjustments.

Here is a primitive graphic I've created in an effort to convey the idea.

0806Bmount.jpg

Last edited:
Back